There are 264 users in the forums

We need to make a trade for a running back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I said this in the preseason hyde is good but not durable, bush is glass, hayne should be on the practice squad only reason he's on the active roster is to sell jerseys to the aussie fanboys. Oh and Davis is god awful. Just terrible personnel job by the gm.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Yeah, he's classy.

He'd be worth signing. His wife was assaulting the s**t out of him before he punched her. She was winding up for a huge swing and then he lets go. Equal rights means equal lefts. He did enough to stop her assault. Exactly what a police officer is trained to do... although if it were a police officer she'd probably be dead.

I'd be quite ok with signing him as a backup.
The backs are not the problem its the Offensive line they are not consistant on a week to week basis when it comes to both the run N pass protection.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Hyde is doing just fine. Tough to get positive yardage when he's hurdling or breaking tackles before he even hits the damn line of scrimmage.

If he goes down we are skrewed. We need a decent change of pace back because if Hyde goes down we're going to try passing 50 times a game.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I think we need Oline help more than RB help

We need both desperately, but if Hyde goes down we are f**ked offensively. The offense cannot be put entirely on Kaeps arm. We're already playing mix and match with the offensive line. Having a good running back is hiding how bad the line actually is.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
9ers don't need to trade draft picks, if anything they need to unload players.
depends on the player
but if were not going to the playoffs if doesn't really matter, but at this point we still have a shot. I noticed Knile Davis wasn;t really being utilized even without Charles in the line up and that's what brought this topic up
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
9ers don't need to trade draft picks, if anything they need to unload players.
depends on the player
If I was a gm I'd never, ever, draft a rb that wasn't top 3 in the country, just no point. It's one position where if you aren't absolutely destroying in college football you will def be nothing in the nfl. Davis, and he seems like a cool guy, is a total waste of space. At least hayne dominated a league as a ball runner, this meant he MIGHT thrive, Davis was never going to and is never going to.
Originally posted by Tonedog:
If I was a gm I'd never, ever, draft a rb that wasn't top 3 in the country, just no point. It's one position where if you aren't absolutely destroying in college football you will def be nothing in the nfl. Davis, and he seems like a cool guy, is a total waste of space. At least hayne dominated a league as a ball runner, this meant he MIGHT thrive, Davis was never going to and is never going to.

Way to show us just how much you know about football. Late round and even undrafted running backs are constantly making a name for themselves. Glad those ball security skills transferred over from the NRL.
No need to trade for a RB when there is a few out there to be signed. Also who is worth trading for? Someone mention Knile Davis, Charles just went down for the year. No way KC unloads him.

Trade VD to WASH for Alfred Morris. WASH already moved him down their depth chart and are looking to shop him around. His salary is very, very low.

Wait, what? How many first round backs has flamesd out the league? It's some UDFA backs in the NFL that's getting it done. Come on bruh.
[ Edited by JDMathews49ers on Oct 18, 2015 at 7:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NTeply49:
If he goes down we are skrewed. We need a decent change of pace back because if Hyde goes down we're going to try passing 50 times a game.

If he goes down (and I'm not rooting for this), then we get a better draft pick. I'm actually rooting for us to lose every single game the rest of the way out. We won today, but this is not a playoff team and we need talent to rebuild.
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:

Wait, what? How many first round backs has flamesd out the league? It's some UDFA backs in the NFL that's getting it done. Come on bruh.

Jamaal Charles wouldn't have been drafted if GM's followed this (9th RB picked in 2008) and no one would have picked up Arian Foster (undrafted in 2009). You're more likely to pick an elite RB if you're drafting in the first or second round, but the same could be said for most positions. We don't have enough high draft picks every year to only invest in players that are the top 3 at their position. Late 4th round picks usually don't amount to much regardless of position. Our 2nd and 3rd round draft pick offensive linemen and the recent receivers we have drafted haven't amounted to much either.

no need to reply to tonedog, he is goooooooonski
banned by a mod
Share 49ersWebzone