LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Everybody is talking about 1988 when it comes to Bengals.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Too bad the 49ers can't play like they did in 1988
88 was a tough year except for the playoff run.
1988 was a hung over team from the Minnesota playoff loss in '87. To their credit the snapped together for an epic playoff run.
Originally posted by Niners816:
1988 was a hung over team from the Minnesota playoff loss in '87. To their credit the snapped together for an epic playoff run.

Yeah I think they pressed it a bit because that 87 team was so great but failed so badly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan816:

Yeah I think they pressed it a bit because that 87 team was so great but failed so badly.
i also remember jerry was at the top of his diva days! pissed cuz he felt he was not getting credit for things(also had a odd square trendy hair do to). was also the last good year for craig . he just lost his ability to run over night as he went into 89
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

i also remember jerry was at the top of his diva days! pissed cuz he felt he was not getting credit for things(also had a odd square trendy hair do to). was also the last good year for craig . he just lost his ability to run over night as he went into 89
please put a hold on that, stupid cc.... craig lost his ability after 89 heading into 90 which peaked with the fumble, sorry
please put a hold on that, stupid cc.... craig lost his ability after 89 heading into 90 which peaked with the fumble, sorry

Craig was hurt in 90 for about 4 weeks or so.

I posted some classic games on the 49ers history thread from that year if you want to check it out.

I remember watching the football life of Rice and he was the SB MVP in SB 23 but they asked the Disneyland question to Montana instead of Rice and he didn't like that which he had a right to but that wasn't Joe's fault. That was a media thing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Craig was hurt in 90 for about 4 weeks or so.

I posted some classic games on the 49ers history thread from that year if you want to check it out.

I remember watching the football life of Rice and he was the SB MVP in SB 23 but they asked the Disneyland question to Montana instead of Rice and he didn't like that which he had a right to but that wasn't Joe's fault. That was a media thing.
craig lost his ability to run in 90 which was proven cuz he did nothing after he left us. it happens to older running backs,. over night they lose it. and i disagree. rice was a little b***h at that time of his career in my opinion
craig lost his ability to run in 90 which was proven cuz he did nothing after he left us. it happens to older running backs,. over night they lose it. and i disagree. rice was a little b***h at that time of his career in my opinion

49ers probably should have used Rathman more in 90 with Craig in the decline in terms of running the ball.

That hair do is called a "Hightop fade".
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Oct 18, 2015 at 10:54 AM ]

49ers probably should have used Rathman more in 90 with Craig in the decline in terms of running the ball.

1990 was weird because running the ball was the seen as the only real weakness. However, for the entire month of December they discovered a run game and averaged 164 yards a game on the ground. Unfortunately, it didn't hold up in the playoffs as we didn't crack 50 yards in either game.
1990 was weird because running the ball was the seen as the only real weakness. However, for the entire month of December they discovered a run game and averaged 164 yards a game on the ground. Unfortunately, it didn't hold up in the playoffs as we didn't crack 50 yards in either game.

Still that 1990 team came close to 3 peating with the lack of run game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i remember the fans were pissed in 90 cuz we were winning ugly, unlike the year before when we rolled everyone cept for the packers . if there would have been a webzone back them. we would have been b***hing about the way they were winning, even though they were winning
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

That hair do is called a "Hightop fade".
pretty trendy at the time among black people right? arsenio hall had one I think?
Originally posted by crabman82:
88 was a tough year except for the playoff run.

Hmmm...
#7even7torm7coming
Share 49ersWebzone