There are 169 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we make the playoffs?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I guess almost winning a game and not getting beat by 30 means we are playoff bound. I mean are you for real are we watching the same team ????
49ers will make the playoffs if they beat the baltimore ravens this sunday! book it!
  • cools
  • Veteran
You mean the PlayGoffs?, Yes were in the running
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Yep, this defense looks downright horrible, I don't get it, we have talent, Lynch, Reid, Bethea, Brooks, Bowman, Brock, etc... They just can't stop anyone, no pressure from front 3, and even front 7, and secondary can't cover worth their life.

It does feel like a 4 win season, sucks, but maybe it will help, we need major talent along the O-Line, and I would love either Laremy Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley in rd 1 to play RT and eventually LT after Staley is gone.

Right now the defense is allowing QBs complete 71.8% of their passes and a QB rating of 107. Basically we are making every QB as efficient as a 1992 Steve Young and in general we are allowing offense to put up yards like our 1993 squad. This is scary because 1992 was Steve's second best year outside of 1994 and 1993 was yardage wise our second best offense only behind 1998(now I still think '84, '87, 89 and '94 were better offenses, but statswise '98 and '93 are tops.).
Ever again? Yeah probably.
I personally felt the Giants game was BIG in terms of our chance to turn the season around. My hope was beat the Giants and then come home and have a winnable game vs Baltimore to build momentum ..win that and be at 3-3 but thats now out the window. I feel that too many things have to go right for us to make the playoffs. As of right now not that I have no faith but I don't see us realistically beating Seattle at all this season and we also play Cincy and ATL and the Rams are not a pushover. Playoff chances are super slim ..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I personally felt the Giants game was BIG in terms of our chance to turn the season around. My hope was beat the Giants and then come home and have a winnable game vs Baltimore to build momentum ..win that and be at 3-3 but thats now out the window. I feel that too many things have to go right for us to make the playoffs. As of right now not that I have no faith but I don't see us realistically beating Seattle at all this season and we also play Cincy and ATL and the Rams are not a pushover. Playoff chances are super slim ..

Yeah, it's going to be a tough road. Even the teams we should beat, we're playing at their place. So, it's not going to be easy to get many wins.
I thought at this point this would be a settled question.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
You mean the PlayGoffs?, Yes were in the running

Oh that we are definitely in the running. LOL.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
If they don't beat Baltimore and upcoming Seattle, I'd have to say no. I think the chances are slim to none that a 1-6 team makes the wildcard. A drastic change would have to happen if they are gonna make the playoffs at 1-6.

Agree we have to win these games it looks like the offense starting to get in sync finally when they played the Giants. So if we could play good on both sides in games then yeah there's definitely a possibility we slip in as a Wild Card but it starts now!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
49ers will make the playoffs if they beat the baltimore ravens this sunday! book it!

Playoffs? Playoffs? Playoffs? Jim Mora would be laughing his ass off at this thread!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Sure we could, but if we keep playing like the 31st ranked D, and what 26th ranked O, then HELL NO, not a chance, Zero Percent if we keep this s**tty playing up.

Don't have the players, don't have the coaching...no way
Originally posted by hubbyt:

Feel the same which is why I still want to punch Mangini in the face and start a Roman-like thread!
Share 49ersWebzone