There are 262 users in the forums

Will we make the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will we make the playoffs?

Originally posted by susweel:

Lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Playoffs? Playoffs? We can't even win a game.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Sure we could, but if we keep playing like the 31st ranked D, and what 26th ranked O, then HELL NO, not a chance, Zero Percent if we keep this s**tty playing up.

This....Anything is possible but when you are giving up 400+ yards a game and almost 30 points a game, you really have no chance of having a winning season. This defense at least on the road is performing at a 1999 defense level and that's the worst defense post Walsh era.

There's gonna have to be moderate improvement to scratch out 5-6 wins and significant improvement to reach 8 or more. This whole season is looking like a 4-12 type season.
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !! ......................................................so yes
[ Edited by 16to87 on Oct 16, 2015 at 10:34 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This is some kind of a joke right?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by Niners816:
Sure we could, but if we keep playing like the 31st ranked D, and what 26th ranked O, then HELL NO, not a chance, Zero Percent if we keep this s**tty playing up.

This....Anything is possible but when you are giving up 400+ yards a game and almost 30 points a game, you really have no chance of having a winning season. This defense at least on the road is performing at a 1999 defense level and that's the worst defense post Walsh era.

There's gonna have to be moderate improvement to scratch out 5-6 wins and significant improvement to reach 8 or more. This whole season is looking like a 4-12 type season.

Yep, this defense looks downright horrible, I don't get it, we have talent, Lynch, Reid, Bethea, Brooks, Bowman, Brock, etc... They just can't stop anyone, no pressure from front 3, and even front 7, and secondary can't cover worth their life.

It does feel like a 4 win season, sucks, but maybe it will help, we need major talent along the O-Line, and I would love either Laremy Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley in rd 1 to play RT and eventually LT after Staley is gone.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Lol

this

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Yep, this defense looks downright horrible, I don't get it, we have talent, Lynch, Reid, Bethea, Brooks, Bowman, Brock, etc... They just can't stop anyone, no pressure from front 3, and even front 7, and secondary can't cover worth their life.

It does feel like a 4 win season, sucks, but maybe it will help, we need major talent along the O-Line, and I would love either Laremy Tunsil or Ronnie Stanley in rd 1 to play RT and eventually LT after Staley is gone.

I would cream my pants if we got either Tunsil or Stanley.
Who are the 8% that said yes? Put down the pipe guys.
Yeah, probably not. For that to happen we would need the cards to implode. We would need to get on a hot streak fast, and we would to make one of the crazier, mid(ish) season turn arounds. Our defense would need to get there heads out of their assess, the oline would need to start opening lanes for hyde, and kap would probably have to start playing some of his better football in his career. Tall order for a struggling team. From what Ive seen from this team, no. I do think we will play better, but not 9-2 good.

For me the rest of the way, to even hope to make the playoffs. We need to do this.

Ravens W
Seahawks W
@Rams L (They Play Tough At home)
Falcons W (They are what, 5-1? tough game even at home)
@seahawks L ( No chance, this team plays like s**t on the road)
Cardinals W (Tough, but we play pretty well at home)
@Bears W (They are playing a lot better now)
@Browns W (Meh, they suck as much as we do)
Bengals W (Tough game, we would need to win this though)
@Lions W (Playoff teams win this game)
Rams W ( need to hold down the fort)

9-2 and not dropping a game at home. This was the hardest stretch of the season, but their is some tough games left on our schedule.
Thats the only way I see us having a shot, even then we would need luck in the standings. They need kilgore to come back healthy, tiller to step in and step up. They need to find an effective passrush combo, and the mental errors need to go away.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Oct 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM ]
Lol his thread is funny. I had hope prior to Giants game not any now
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frozen49er:
Who are the 8% that said yes? Put down the pipe guys.

LOL. s**t, pass it my way.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone