Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
THL can you cut up the near pick by Brock with like 40 seconds left? I was listening to the Better Rivals podcast today and they said we were in quarters coverage on that play, just curious if that's true cus I haven't seen Mangini run a lot of quarters.
5th play of drive
1st & 10
This is Brock's near INT.

Eli hits the top of his drop. Reid has not gained depth and is not acting like a cover 2 safety. The underneath defenders (Tartt, Bow, ward) never seemed concerned with any pattern matching. Rather, they just manned up on whoever they were lined up across from.

Eli is mid windup. This is a horrible decision to target the WR on the Go route as he is bracketed by Brock/Bethea. Coverage is tight all around.

Notice the wasted steps by Brock as he takes a curved path to where the ball would land. This is after he has already located the ball. If that doesn't happen, he may have been able to cradle the ball cleanly. Woulda coulda shoulda.

I can see why the rivals podcast called this Quarters. Reid acts like he is playing Quarters - definitely not cover2. The rest of the players act as though they are playing Cover2 Man. I'm not sure. Open to thoughts from others.

Yeah only Reid looks like he's playing quarters, the DB's def look like man coverage though. Maybe it's cover 2 man but Reid didn't gain depth cus we kept getting beat by short passes over the middle so maybe he was just cheating up some to play the short pass over the middle. Or maybe cover 1 robber with Reid as the robber, but he doesn't really move forward, he just kind of stands still. Tough to say really