LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Rank our current top 10 players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thank God this isn't tennis. Football, despite Madden and FanDual FF, this is a TEAM game.

Proof? Name one pro-bowler who finished out last year on our top 5 defense?

This is an exercise in individualism.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
The fact almost all of you are putting Boldin, Bowman, and Dawson shows how sad we are. Old past there prime by alot but our top 10.

Bowman isn't even 30 yet. I expect the knee to be better next year when he's not thinking about it.

yea Bowman's only 27. not anywhere near past his prime.
In no particular order

Staley
Hyde
Boldin
Kaeperknick
Bethea
Reid
Lynch
Bowman
Ward
Miller
  1. Staley
  2. Hyde
  3. Lynch
  4. Boone
  5. Bowman
  6. Boldin
  7. Bathea
  8. Smith
  9. Miller
  10. Williams
The fact almost all of you are putting Boldin, Bowman, and Dawson shows how sad we are. Old past there prime by alot but our top 10.

Bowman isn't even 30 yet. I expect the knee to be better next year when he's not thinking about it.

Yeah, guys have really taken to s**tting on their own team lately. I didnt know this is what it meant to be a fan.
At this point of the season...and because you said current.

Armstead
Hyde
Boldin
Carradine
Hayne
Williams
Brooks
Lynch
Dawson
and the forgotten...Kyle Nelson
1. Bowman
2. Staley
3. Lynch
4. Hyde
5. Boldin
6. Bethea
7. Brock
8. Boone
9. Torrey Smith
10. Ian Williams
TheCURRENT Top 10

1. Lynch
2. Hyde
3.Staley
4. Boone
5. Bethea
6. Torrey
7. Boldin
8. Williams
9. Bowman
10. Ward
Hyde and Lynch are 1 and 2 on this team. Everything else after that is a toss up.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by stud85:
1. C.Hyde
2. J.Staley
3. A.Boone
4. T.Smith
5. A.Boldin
6. A.Bethea
7. A.Lynch
8. N.Bowman
9. P.Dawson
10. G.Celek

I don't think anyone on the roster is making the Probowl, just like in our recent garbage years.

pretty much this exactly, although I'd have Lynch much higher, probably 1st even since pass rushers are way more valuable than RB

This is my list...though I think Hyde, Staley and Boone would be probowl material on a better team and Lynch and Bowman are likely candidates with another year of healing and experience respectively.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Oct 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM ]

Originally posted by philosoraptor:

Yeah, guys have really taken to s**tting on their own team lately. I didnt know this is what it meant to be a fan.

I'm just not a blind sheep. I know when we suck.
1. Navorro Bowman
2. Justin Smith
3. Patrick Willis
4. Aldon Smith
5. Colin Kaepernick
6. Joe Staley
7. Anquan Boldin
8. Frank Gore
9. Ahmad Brooks
10. Ray McDonald
Hyde
Staley
Boone
Miller
Lynch

thats it.

I agree it's probably a two year recovery. It's still great to see him on the field though.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

I'm just not a blind sheep. I know when we suck.

I think the sheep thing to do is freak out, bury the team like every sensational media member does wouldnt you? thats the definition of following the masses. Since the salary cap era began every team other then the patriots in the brady era have gone through significant transition periods. Colts had to go 1-15 between manning and luck. During that time the packers have had favre and rodgers and struggled at times. We had a four year window, a great one at that, they couldnt get it done. We are potentially transitioning from one window into another. Unless you have a great Qb, like peyton manning, drew brees, aaron rodgers, and brady you need a lot of pieces around your qb. We lost a lot of talent, I personally thought the young guys would develop faster, i was wrong. I have admitted several times ive been wrong, I have the testicular fortitude unlike some on this board, to say I am wrong. But I also try to see the silver lining.

Our average age is 25 on the team, we have potentially 44 million in cap space, a lot of players with room to grow, very few big free agents to resign, this isnt the 2004-2008 teams that had a lot of old players that were or always garbage (tully banta cain, mark roman, mike lewis, nate clements with his enormous contract, kevan barlow, ken dorsey, cody pickett, jonas jennings, kwame harris) etc. etc. The young guys who are struggling also have a room to improve and the ability to do so. Some of the young guys are playing well, some are just playing inconsistent which is par for the course with rookies and second year players. Some of the players who suck will probably either be on the bench or cut next year( devey, potentially pears). We have guys coming back kilgore, anthony davis(not holding my breath).

If you dont undertand this is how the nfl works, that teams have down years, and some teams, really really down years. Then you dont understand the nfl, parity is a key theme in the nfl, the talent level between good and bad teams is usually rarely as far off as it seems, the niners have some weaknesses and issues that exxacerbate each other, but i personally dont think its more then a good offseason can fix as they do have talent. The niners need to evaluate the players, the coaching staff and front office, but thats what the rest of this season is for. They need to find who the players to best build around are.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Oct 13, 2015 at 3:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone