LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 371 users in the forums

Current State of Niners and what they need going forward

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
What about Mike Shanahan as the new HC?

what about Mike Singletary as the new HC?
Originally posted by rxrunner:
what about Mike Singletary as the new HC?

I think that already happened.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Not even close. Firing Mooch after a playoff loss and that offseason was way worse. Lets not even mention pre Walsh and Eddie D offseasons. And thats just for this franchise. Other teams have had it even worse.

It AIN't just about a head coach. It's also the OC and DC.. then.. about HALF the starters left one way or another. MANY of them had been past pro Bowl guys,and/or rd 1 picks. Even if a New coaching staff can step in and do well..... the TALENT LOSS was HUGE. You can't replace that in a hurry....even if you do everything right. Meanwhile...Who thinks the Baalke/York combo does everything right? It seems they are a FACTOR in this decimation. At THIS point.. best hope is the Whole of what's left... rallies and does SORT OF..okay. My HOPE was all goes well and SF is 8-8. I doubted that was within reach.. but.. it's a target. Now? I'd be happy with 5-6 wins. Then.. the issue is HOW do they use picks, Free Agents to build back? Is this coaching staff a keeper? Who IS a keeper now?
Lets just bring back Eddie D, Mooch, Knapp, and Mora and call it a day.

btw. Happy bday to Jerry Rice. It was Steve Young's bday a few days ago.

Yeah.. probably not. . The depleted roster and the unproven coaches.. make it hard to say just what is NOT working. Kaep? Clearly has NOT done well..but is the team in such a state that nobody can do well?
Originally posted by OhioRedwood:
Yeah.. probably not. . The depleted roster and the unproven coaches.. make it hard to say just what is NOT working. Kaep? Clearly has NOT done well..but is the team in such a state that nobody can do well?
So just get rid of everybody starting at the top with the FO?

one more time for the hell of it
Originally posted by rxrunner:
one more time for the hell of it

I don't think I can handle another dropped pants story.
Originally posted by rdc1:
Not so sure about your comment about Harbaugh talking with Michigan way before it was public. Michigan was very clear and open about when they had their discussions with Harbaugh. They even asked the 49ers for permission to talk with him, even though they did not need to.

So where is your evidence that he was in conversations with Michigan way before it was public?

As far as right after the Championship game. You had the trade with Cleveland rumor at the start of the year, and even before the NFC game you had the media reporting that the 49ers would probably get rid of him if he did not go back to and win the super bowl. Then you had all of the leaks and rumors starting up again before the season even started.

Now where in all that was there a single report or rumor that he was talking with Michigan, who still had their coach at that time.

Thank you, because there are none. There are some extreme posts out there in regards to baalke and Jed but the same can be said to their blind minions who insist in throwing or bringing up non facts and speculations about Harbaugh.
Wish for a miracle and that somehow Denise decides to sell. Short of that.......

Starting to believe the story that they built the Team up solely to get the new Stadium and once that was achieved, they put the 49ers on the back burner. No big need to have a winner anymore.

(OK, I'm feeling a bit depressed about the Team right now)

A football person in charge of the football operations and no meddling from the President or CEO would be a good start.
  • KP82
I think Andy Reid might be on the chopping block in KC soon. I think he would be great for our offense. Especially with a guy like Kaep, considering what he did for McNabb in Philly.

Any thoughts?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
What about Mike Shanahan as the new HC?
Umm why?
Originally posted by MarkD:
Umm why?

Was just an idea/suggestion.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by dfs144:
This has been the worst off-season any NFL team has experienced

Not even close. Firing Mooch after a playoff loss and that offseason was way worse. Lets not even mention pre Walsh and Eddie D offseasons. And thats just for this franchise. Other teams have had it even worse.

49er fan since 1990. No it wasn't.
Share 49ersWebzone