LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Current State of Niners and what they need going forward

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This has been the worst off-season any NFL team has experienced especially coming off the lame duck season with the Harbaugh divorce. York came out with egg all over his face and will have a hard time finding a quality future replacement for Tomsula after the alleged rumor spreading about Harbaugh. That's not to take away anything from Harbaugh talking with UM way before it was public, he had one foot out the door right after the NFC Championship loss to Seattle.

This current team has many areas to fix to include poor blocking and poor defense. This team is the antithesis of what Harbaugh had to work with. Although his team had cracks showing last season as well. The crucial area to fix is the offensive line via free agency and then seriously consider drafting a QB in the 1st/2nd round to help light a fire under Kap or simply replace him if he can show a quicker progression/read ability. I honestly would not be against a trade that brought in a veteran QB but that is a long-shot. I think VD will leave as will Bolden. There will be a ton of cap space this off-season to fill needs just like in 2011 when they brought in Goodwin at center. Balke wanted to be in control and now it's on him to fix this franchise. York needs to shut up and stay out of the way to let the right people run things, unfortunately this coaching staff is mediocre at best and should be shown the door. Chryst's play calling has been like Greg Roman lightest with screen plays added.

I have been a fan and bled Gold since for over 20+ seasons, but I am realistic about this season and possibly next as being re-build years.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180887-2015-team-needs
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dfs144:
This has been the worst off-season any NFL team has experienced especially coming off the lame duck season with the Harbaugh divorce. York came out with egg all over his face and will have a hard time finding a quality future replacement for Tomsula after the alleged rumor spreading about Harbaugh. That's not to take away anything from Harbaugh talking with UM way before it was public, he had one foot out the door right after the NFC Championship loss to Seattle.

This current team has many areas to fix to include poor blocking and poor defense. This team is the antithesis of what Harbaugh had to work with. Although his team had cracks showing last season as well. The crucial area to fix is the offensive line via free agency and then seriously consider drafting a QB in the 1st/2nd round to help light a fire under Kap or simply replace him if he can show a quicker progression/read ability. I honestly would not be against a trade that brought in a veteran QB but that is a long-shot. I think VD will leave as will Bolden. There will be a ton of cap space this off-season to fill needs just like in 2011 when they brought in Goodwin at center. Balke wanted to be in control and now it's on him to fix this franchise. York needs to shut up and stay out of the way to let the right people run things, unfortunately this coaching staff is mediocre at best and should be shown the door. Chryst's play calling has been like Greg Roman lightest with screen plays added.

I have been a fan and bled Gold since for over 20+ seasons, but I am realistic about this season and possibly next as being re-build years.

Not so sure about your comment about Harbaugh talking with Michigan way before it was public. Michigan was very clear and open about when they had their discussions with Harbaugh. They even asked the 49ers for permission to talk with him, even though they did not need to.

So where is your evidence that he was in conversations with Michigan way before it was public?

As far as right after the Championship game. You had the trade with Cleveland rumor at the start of the year, and even before the NFC game you had the media reporting that the 49ers would probably get rid of him if he did not go back to and win the super bowl. Then you had all of the leaks and rumors starting up again before the season even started.

Now where in all that was there a single report or rumor that he was talking with Michigan, who still had their coach at that time.
[ Edited by rdc1 on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:49 PM ]
This has been the worst off-season any NFL team has experienced

Not even close. Firing Mooch after a playoff loss and that offseason was way worse. Lets not even mention pre Walsh and Eddie D offseasons. And thats just for this franchise. Other teams have had it even worse.
Whats needed is an infusion of Capable Football Brain trust. This current Ceo CFO GM whatever you wanna call them are a trainwreck and the laughing stock of the league. I feel awful for all the fans that shelled out all that money to support these Frauds of owners/GM.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Whats needed is an infusion of Capable Football Brain trust. This current Ceo CFO GM whatever you wanna call them are a trainwreck and the laughing stock of the league. I feel awful for all the fans that shelled out all that money to support these Frauds of owners/GM.

This
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

Not even close. Firing Mooch after a playoff loss and that offseason was way worse. Lets not even mention pre Walsh and Eddie D offseasons. And thats just for this franchise. Other teams have had it even worse.
This is the worst ever. Those days although dark, we had some hope. I see no hope so long that this kid is running the show.
New FO. We got a clown car over here.
This (see above post)
[ Edited by NinersFTW on Oct 12, 2015 at 7:47 PM ]

Mooch sucked. I will never understand why people liked him. The mistake was not going after Kubiak and moving forward with the evolved west coast. Erickson was the mistake.

Originally posted by 190836:

This is the worst ever. Those days although dark, we had some hope. I see no hope so long that this kid is running the show.

Nvm.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Oct 12, 2015 at 8:10 PM ]
Need talent more than anything else. O-line and pass rush
Offensive mind that truly understands the passing game and can apply it to the field. Haven't had one in 15 years.
They need an identity on offense and find an offensive coordinator who can carry out that vision.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

You're so cute, the way you puff your chest out and make brash statements about your opinion that you throw around like it's fact.
Share 49ersWebzone