There are 413 users in the forums

Misguided optimism ater a loss shows just how far this team has fallen back to

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by NinersFTW:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Losing both Harbaugh and Fangio was a mistake. We never lost 3 in a row let alone 4.

OP brought this up as well. Anybody remember 2014?? What short memories people have...

Seahawks 3-19 L
Raiders 13-24 L
Seahawks 7-17 L
Chargers 35-38 L

Not only 3, but 4 losses in a row. That happened. I like Harbaugh a ton, but now people are changing history.

It took harbaugh 3 seasons to lose 4 in a row. It took tomsula 5 games.

terrible comparison. this year's talent level is closer to last year's than it was the previous three.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Well, yes, you got me there. But to be fair, that was at a point when the wheels fully came off with the front office undermining him and it was the end of the season. Harbs likely already reached a handshake agreement with Michigan at that point. If anything, i attribute that skid more to the way the front office led Harbaugh to check out and start searching for other options more than I do his coaching prowess.

Also, we were DECIMATED by injury. By all accounts, this team is fairly healthy right now.

I don't disagree. Harbaugh is a better coach than Tomsula, that's obvious. I just don't think Harbaugh is a innocent party in all this. I think he played a part in his own ouster. Both sides ruined what should have been a long term relationship.

Knowing Harbaugh's well documented personality and reputation for alienating people who should be on his side, I can't help but think of Parcells post-Giants tenure. Re-build team to winner, burn all bridges, gone after 4 years. He's a difficult guy to deal with.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
but Kap said we can still go 12-4

Gonna raise a super bowl banner this year and every year from now on. Jed said so in december so it is trurh.
This thread in essence, appealed to every 49ers fans to wallow in the mire some more, because any good aspect of the team during a 1-4 stretch, should be discarded for further pummeling of the team, qb, coaches, owner, etc.

b***h'n on b***hes!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This thread in essence, appealed to every 49ers fans to wallow in the mire some more, because any good aspect of the team during a 1-4 stretch, should be discarded for further pummeling of the team, qb, coaches, owner, etc.

b***h'n on b***hes!

What do you expect after the FO fires a successful head coach and gives us this turd sandwich?
It was an improved effort by the Niners and Kap played pretty well. The team topped expectations even though we still lost. The "we're satisfied with a good effort" is appropriate for now. But that will only last for a very short time. From now on, any more "we gave a good effort but lost" won't cut it. I don't think we have to worry about fans and the media living with lowered expectations. If they don't start winning, the criticism will quickly return and it should.
Seeing how we looked the last 3 weeks then yes I will take this as a moral victory
We are a bad team... This team has WAAAAAAY too many holes to win games.

In this game we were a V8 with only 5 cylinders firing.

This is improved from 3 cylinders firing against the packers.
[ Edited by Reloaded on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by NinersFTW:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

b***h'n on b***hes!

What do you expect after the FO fires a successful head coach and gives us this turd sandwich?

The coach that was successful left us with an 8-8 team record. He wouldn't touch this team now with the roster turnover in the off season. Stop fawning over him.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Give me back Harbaugh, and my team's dignity.

get. over. it.
Get over what? This fiasco set the team back another decade. Thanks Jed

still whining about Harbaugh to come back is even more ridiculous than OP's opinion on optimistic fans. ending a post like that is akin to a child having a temper tantrum in the cereal aisle because mommy won't buy you Cinnamon Toast Crunch. people need to let it go. he's never coming back EVER!

THANK YOU! BAd decision or not, its been like 10 months now. Lets get over it. Lets focus on the team moving forward, seriously, crying about harbaugh isnt going to bring him back.

LOL @ this set the team back 10 years. there is no way to know that will happen till this plays out. Talk about pessimism and expecting the worst.

I'm glad JH is gone,but the front office hired the wrong replacements.Todd Bowels or Dan Quinn would have worked better.(imo)
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article38868906.html

It is bothering anyone else that people are making this loss out to a "moral victory"?

You hear Tomsula praise the effort, you hear fans and sports radio talk about Kaepernick bouncing back (keep in mind he had a bad first half, still didn't crack 300 yards, and did so against the last ranked pass defense in the NFL), and you hear people say how much closer it was than they expected and that they put up a good fight.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you weren't one of the rational minds that recognized we were plummeting back to the dark ages immediately after Harbaugh's jettison, I think that the 1-4 start and this absurd reaction to a LOSS crystalizes it.

The expectation has returned to "at least we didn't get blown out;" "we showed some things;" "this is a performance to build off of". It seems that even the coach and players are mildly content with the way they played Sunday. I realize Tomsula acknowledged it was still a loss but his disposition and the team's seems way too upbeat for a heartbreaking loss that sends them on a four-game skid with no end in sight. It's also neglecting that it came against a horrendous pass defense and clouds the fact that the 49ers defense gave up a career-high 41 completions to Eli Manning and, worst of all, the game-winning drive that had virtually practice squad wideouts playing.

Personally speaking it makes me sick and further solidifies that we're back to being the laughing-stock. The little brother on the block who put up a good fight but still got owned by his big brother.

Soo I wanted to let you know I understand your frustration. I started watching the 49ers in 2003 when they absolutely started going in the wrong direction. Then I saw them implode and spent years watching Alex Smith like the rest of us.

I heard quite a few people in my family preach the good ole days of Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Ronnie Lott, Roger Craig, etc. I could only watch tape on these guys and it wasn't the same.

I waited for a long time to get a coach like Jim Harbaugh. Someone who actually won, drafted good players and took the team somewhere. Then like you and many others we watched York Jr. destroy that. Harbaugh wasn't perfect but the bottom line was that he was successful and frankly that's all that I care about.

So do you, I and pretty much everyone here know we aren't winning the Super Bowl? Yeah. It was obvious with the mass exodus that occurred but I promise you it won't continue on like this forever.

We'll find another great coach soon and get back to the playoffs. It's disappointing but you gotta remain faithful.

Besides...you can still watch the Sharks, Giants, A's, Warriors and a bunch of other local teams that aren't bad. We're frankly spoiled we have such good sports teams in the bay area.
[ Edited by Pick4Six on Oct 12, 2015 at 6:48 PM ]

get. over. it.

So much this. I am not thrilled with the results, but I was sick of Harbaugh and the guy flat out stunk it up with his crappy offense last year and inability to adjust. I don't miss him at all, I wish him the best at Michigan, but he's gone, thank God, and you need to man up and accept it NJ...cause he ain't coming back.
We used to be Winners... I mean ass kicking shove it down your throat winners.
We can't win a game but there's a lot of character in the locker room. A lot of heart in the locker room. A great smell in the locker room. A lot of winners in the locker room. This singletary and nolanesque and it's disgusting.
Share 49ersWebzone