LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Wilhoite sucks so bad! It's Hodges Time!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Wilhoite can't tackle and Bowman can't cover
bowman came two inches from the ball, it was a perfect throw and the guy needed all of his tall size to bring it down, i am not dogging on bowman
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Wilhoite can't tackle and Bowman can't cover

that's the sad truth. I'm tired of missed tackles and seeing smaller guys dragging Wilhoite's sorry ass 4-5 yards on every play. And 53 is out there, but that's not Bowman, and may never be again.
I agree, he looked bad. Bowman looks a step slower.. I feel its more mental so hopefully as the season goes on he will improve, but he's def a step behind what we are used to seeing.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I agree, he looked bad. Bowman looks a step slower.. I feel its more mental so hopefully as the season goes on he will improve, but he's def a step behind what we are used to seeing.

He is not fully back yet,He will be back when he recovers fully
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

You do realize that Bowman has not fully recovered right? you do know that once He is fully healed He will be Himself again.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I was never a fan of Wilhoite starting, I thought he was a decent back up when the 9ers still had Willis. Now I can't wait for him to be benched. I wanna see either Hodges in there ASAP or Wilhoite and Skov share some snaps.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Cant single him out when many peices of our defense arent producing. TJE is nothing. Eli Harold and Lemonier look awful. The list goes on.

Harold looks improved to me but I wasn't focusing on him until the end.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
You do realize that Bowman has not fully recovered right? you do know that once He is fully healed He will be Himself again.

I do realize. And you assume he will ever get fully back. I'm simply stating that as of right now. He's a step slower and it shows. He does not jump a route or fill a hole as instinctively as he used to. Simple as that. I hope he can attain his old self, but right now this what we have.
Wilhoite is a serviceable ILB, but he will never be a dominant force like Willis or Bowman (Pre-Injury)
You cannot conceive of making the playoffs, let alone winning playoff games, with players like this guy starting.

Share 49ersWebzone