There are 270 users in the forums

Game #5: The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
Good: kaep
Bad : The result
Ugly: Zone defense
  • Stud
The bad: with less than one minute in the game. Eli gets pressured and misfires, the ball sails in the air in what seems like an eternity and I stood up getting ready to cheer because I assumed a 49ers DB was going to be there to get an easy pick. Instead, nobody but Brock was in the vicinity and even he wasn't ready for it. Game sealing int drops threw Brocks diving arms.
[ Edited by Stud on Oct 11, 2015 at 9:52 PM ]
I'm mad, so I'm going to take it out on OP. OP... GRRRRR!!!!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Stud:
Originally posted by communist:
we have got plenty of threads with whiny content, we certainly dont need more of them.

and.....? That was a random comment.

I use to get mad when they called us the forty-whiners. Now i see why.

I am a sacrament kings, san francisco giants, and san jose sharks fan, but i never seen a fanbase who purposely either root for "their team" to lose to prove a point or whine about every single little thing....This is a sad fanbase. In fact, if any fanbase has the right to whine, it would be the Sacramento Kings.

The kings will have their arena built, at least seattle didn't take that franchise away.
Good:
They were competitive & gave themselves a chance to win instead of getting blownout…
Both Offense & Defense played much better in patches…
Bad:
Both Offense & Defense played poorly in patches…
Ugly:
Giants final TD was a dagger to the heart...
Also the final 49ers possession to get into FG range proved pointless, they never fired a shot… (Should have just spiked it on 4th down Rutgers style… )
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Oct 11, 2015 at 10:04 PM ]
I think it's time to give Johnson a shot at the starting CB position. Acker has been picked on and has struggled so far.

The defense at the end was terrible.

Offensively I liked how hyde ran the ball with the Oline. The giants defense was ranked really high against the run and to have some success against them was good to see.
  • dj43
Sad: Watching one of the greatest LBs in the past 10 years valiantly struggling to play the game he once played so easily before his knee got blown up.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm sure you guys saw a lot I missed filling in.

The GOOD:

Opening passes to Ellington

Hyde's running and the hit to Beason

Goal line stand in 1st half

Ward

Bethea1st Drive of 2nd half

Lynch

The BAD:

Vance not diving for the long pass from KAP

Wilhoit missed tackles

Intermediate pass coverage

Not double teaming Vereen

Acker dropping interception

Not having anyone except Lynch applying more of a pass rush

The UGLY:

Why was this good?

No idea.. Players get hurt all the time in football,but that shouldn't be something to cheer for unless he deserved it like Vontaz Burfict last year after targeting Players..
Originally posted by dj43:
Sad: Watching one of the greatest LBs in the past 10 years valiantly struggling to play the game he once played so easily before his knee got blown up.

Yeah, i think he's now just another LB, unless the scheme is really throwing everyone off. Which i hope it is, cause its sad to see what he was to what is he now.
Sacramento has a basketball team?

And the 49ers have a good fanbase?

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
That's enough. No need to start dragging my Kings into a s**t talking session on the 49ers...that's for another time

LOL. I hear ya.

Both teams are going through tough times, but one fanbase constantly whines about everything and the other doesn't nearly complain as much. It's so weird since both teams are like 90 miles away from each other and there's plenty of people who like both teams; yet, the culture of the fanbase is sooo much different.

Originally posted by 190836:

this.
Originally posted by dj43:

So true. I feel horrible for bowman. :(
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by 190836:

this.

I concur.
Good - Offense made strides today

Bad - Pass def

Ugly - Pass rush
  • SMAUG
  • Veteran
Keep posting these threads

Given the last three weeks, I'm proud of the team's performance tonight. Very competitive and unlucky not to have won it.

Go Niners!
Share 49ersWebzone