LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

49ers Defensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If this line dominates against seattle people will claim that its because their line is s**t. Fans are never satisfied lol.

nah I'd take it as a positive sign trending upwards. The DL would be upgraded from "total trash" to "below average".

gotta take baby steps.

Lets hope the rest of NT agrees also
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Mitchell, Solly, AA, DeFo , Reuben...are going to absolutely stun Cam...a very good QB. Mark it down.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Mitchell, Solly, AA, DeFo , Reuben...are going to absolutely stun Cam...a very good QB. Mark it down.

Reuben isn't playing next week though?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Reuben isn't playing next week though?

Unless the Cam they are going to stun is Chancellor, I'm pretty sure this was a Week 1 prediction that got quoted...
No, Reuben isn't playing for a substantially longer time than anyone is letting on. I know it isn't 2 weeks and i bet it isnt 4 either. 6-8...we'll see. But it will be a good chunk of the season before he plays again. And that grossly decreases the ability of out DL. WIth Reuben we got a terrific Front 7. Without him, we are hurting.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
No, Reuben isn't playing for a substantially longer time than anyone is letting on. I know it isn't 2 weeks and i bet it isnt 4 either. 6-8...we'll see. But it will be a good chunk of the season before he plays again. And that grossly decreases the ability of out DL. WIth Reuben we got a terrific Front 7. Without him, we are hurting.

we all know its 6 weeks
Originally posted by cciowa:

we all know its 6 weeks

At least. I'm leaning more towards 8 myself.
I'm not an expert, but have some limited experience here. I am a lot closer to 8 than 6 and i pray it isn't longer. Dang Reuben, he's up and wants to go back in after an "ALMOST" career ender. Man that was so close to being the end of his career, i just can't believe it. If it is 8, 10 or 12, i don't care. I want him fully re couped before he returns. Anything else will be bad choice.
Originally posted by cciowa:
we all know its 6 weeks

With this medical staff, it will be diagnosed as season ending. Just look at how long its taking Jimmie Ward to get on the field.
If guys can stay healthy, the DL is starting to look stacked for next year.

Originally posted by kirkscrafford:

I don't know about stacked. I want to see consistent play from these guys when healthy. But there is some decent talent there. I don't see them taking that next step until they can add the speedy/bendy edge-rusher to chase QBs into the rush of our other guys who get a decent push at the moment but can't finish. This is what makes the draft so tough, because we can get a guy like that, even with a small trade down, but we have neglected the offensive skill positions for far too long. Only one this decade, the great AJ Jenkins. My hope is that we can find someone who fits that description in the late first or second.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:

I don't know about stacked. I want to see consistent play from these guys when healthy. But there is some decent talent there. I don't see them taking that next step until they can add the speedy/bendy edge-rusher to chase QBs into the rush of our other guys who get a decent push at the moment but can't finish. This is what makes the draft so tough, because we can get a guy like that, even with a small trade down, but we have neglected the offensive skill positions for far too long. Only one this decade, the great AJ Jenkins. My hope is that we can find someone who fits that description in the late first or second.

If we dont land Lawrence in FA i think we can still come out of it with a couple 3rd down pass rushers even if pass on a pass rusher with our first pick. Thats really what we need. Guys to come in and rush on 3rd downs. You CAN find those guys in the later 1st on.
PAD LEVEL!! PAD LEVEL!! PAD LEVEL!! Play fast and hit!!

I'm afraid to call our D-line soft but PAC-12 draftees fit the bill. Been watching cutups. All that athleticism and length plus size leaves these guys playing way too high. I was actually pleasantly surprised by AA's film when healthy. DeFo needs to hone his craft, no doubt is a beast but seems like he got by his whole career not having to use proper fundamentals. Solly takes the next step as a pro. I like our depth and don't feel edge is nearly as important if these interior lineman are pushing and working as a unit.

Would love to see us winning at the line of scrummage!
Share 49ersWebzone