LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

If YOU were the OC, what changes would you make ??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I like all of this, especially the part about... no, I like all of this. Id say, additionally, go 50/50 run pass on 1st downOnly run PA passes, but bootleg off of zone action most of the time. I don't think our line can consistently hold up for drop back PA passes. Mix in boot back plays to make the defense cover 100% of the field, even when Kap is only reading half of it.

I've been harping on the bolded forever. We've developed such a run lean on first it's just begging to be exploited with some passes. Personally I think something like grudens favorite spider y banana should be ran more on first down. It's a play pass and the FB really is open 90% of the time. You can steal some easy completions on first down and set up easier 2nd downs.
Go back to week one offensive plans, pretty simple to me..
If JT insists on playing him, bang bang football is critical. 1.8 seconds and the ball has to be gone. Yes we are in need of a game manager....even wiht a guy who has a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately, he should not be using the cannon with no OL protection , so as Thl suggested quick stuff. And i love the 3 wide set that we SHOULD run out of. Screens we don't do, but RB passes in the flat or on a 1-2 second delay pass right up the middle in a lane, FB passes from a 3 wide set, maybe tell kap not to ever take more than 1 or 2 steps maximum before throwing. That should get it gone quick. Throw from running sets. And try hitting anquan on the OOB marker with a jump ball pass. Of course, we will see a lot of 2-3 yd runs, with a stacked box, but if kap can hit a few of the 3-5 yarders, they may back off a bit.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 9, 2015 at 9:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

Is that McDonald flexed? So we're in 11 personnel but still spreading the field. I like it, lot of space in the box if you decided to run out of this form.

Kaep is a rangie guy speed (not quick), I think he would work better if we spread them out. Easy reads, room to run.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Kaep is a rangie guy speed (not quick), I think he would work better if we spread them out. Easy reads, room to run.

Agree, and also run Hyde plenty from these passing formations.
I'd admit I had no idea and fall on my sword. Let someone else have a go.

Amazing how confident and quick Kaep makes that pass. Yet going to the right side with basically the same pass 10 yards out, he shuffled and skipped the pass to Boldin early in the game. The Kaep on this play is what I want to see this Sunday on every play.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 10, 2015 at 8:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone