There are 338 users in the forums

General Coaching Options

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
OTC, like all other things in life, it is so easy after the fact. But you look at the facts, and they were all right there, it is amazing more people didn't see this coming, Many wanted it, but may have not known why....and being a good match or perhaps a great match, it was pretty easy.

Sure didn't look that way until the announcement + 2 days of thought tho. Chip WAS the one guy i did not want...how odd to be so wrong.

Vegas saw this coming...

I wonder if our wins over/uynder changed?
As far as wins/ over-under, we know right off our O is going to be much improved. Our D, not so much . Bbetting on us would be a bad bet unless you were betting we would be all over the board on wins...ie, win some, lose some, just not the ones you think.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea i think they definitely wanted Hue regardless of what they try to spin it. Just like believing they really wanted Tomsula all along in last year's coaching search. Cleveland just went harder and gave him more power. Happens all the time. Might not wanted ti give up compensation for the guy. Can't really knock that. I like Payton but folks are over hyping him up.

Right now I'd prefer Chip over Shanahan

I think Chip was their target from the beginning. All signs pointed to Jed and Trent giving Tomsula one more year. That mindset changed right after the Eagles fired Chip after week 16. Once Chip was fired, sources started to come out and say Tomsula was on the way out. This sequence lends me to believe that Chip Kelly became their target before the week 17 games.

If that's the case then all other interviews were them doing their due diligence. Chip was reported reaching out to the Niners, but never reached out to the other openings.
[ Edited by birdie2bogey on Jan 19, 2016 at 1:14 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone