LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

If you were Trent (fix this disaster) Mock Plans

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Of course there's frustration. And we're all calling for changes. We all want heads to roll. Well this is the thread for that.

I want to hear what you guys would do to salvage this season and prepare for the next.

The following would be my plan if i'm Trent

1) I Change the offensive line.

It would be a move out of a desperation but a necessary one. Start by putting Boone at Right tackle and plug Thomas at left guard.. Try Easton at center and shift Martin at right guard. Once Kilgore returns, we can put him at center. The line would look like this.

EASTON
THOMAS MARTIN
STALEY BOONE

2) I allow Kap to ride through the storm.

As terrible as he's looked recently we need to wait and see if he can maybe find his groove back. If he can get some good oline play, and get the running game going, maybe he can resurrect his disastrous season. I think A QB will be taken high in next year's draft, but before that we need to be 100% sure he's not our guy. if that means more disastrous play, so be it. I need to know for certain first. Gabbert can always go in and play. I'm not in a hurry to see him. Once you bench Kap, that's it, there's no going back.

3) I let the young players get there reps, get the growing pains out of the way.

I think this philosophy has already been well in effect. I think this philosophy was implemented once Dockett was cut and it's been behind the decision to deactivate Shareece on gamedays. It's the only way to grow. It's the only way to make something positive from all the losing.

4) I cut ties with Tomsula at the end of the season and I hire Hue Jackson.

Depending on how the rest of the season unfolds, I''l be continuing with Tomsula, or looking for a new coach. I love the guy but i fear he may be over his head. Maybe he shows me something here on out. But if this continues, i'll have to go in a new direction. And Hue Jackson is # 1 on my list.

I have really been impressed with his offense at Cincinnati the past couple of seasons. He has Andy Dalton looking like a prow-bowl QB. I think he would do wonders for Carlos Hyde and this offense. (Jeremy Hill). He had the Raiders looking like a legit football team when he took over as head coach there, so has experience as a head coach. I think the second time around is when most coaches really find their identity as coaches.

If, (and it's a big if) we go into 2016 with Kap as our QB, i think Hue could maximize his potential. If I remember correctly, he's the one that wanted to draft Kaepernick for the Raiders back in 2011. He saw his skill sets and knew he could run a special offense with him at the helm.

He has Cincinnati as #1 in the NFL in net total yardage. San Francisco is currently 28.

In summary, I just like him a lot and think he would do great as a head coach.

5) I would retain Mangini as defensive coordinator.

Hue will bring his own staff and want his own Defensive Coordinator, but if Mangini could be retained, better. Most of our losses in the offseason were on the defensive side of the ball, and yet it's still the better than our offense. I think a lot of that has to do with Mangini and his zone schemes. There's been growing pains (vs. Steelers / Cardinals) but they're correcting their mistakes and showing promise. This is a very young defense and i think Mangini can get them to be a very formidable squad by 2016.

6) Address the O-line and TE in free agency.

Possibly resign Boone.

Sign G Michael Yanda from Baltimore Sign RT Andre Smith from Bengals

7)) I have the best draft of my career.

If we net a top 5 pick, then I need to execute the best draft this franchise has seen in a long time.

Round 1

Jalen Ramsey - CB - FSU

Round 2 - Shilique Calhoun - OLB - MSU

Round 3 - Rashard Higgins - WR - CSU

Round 4 - LB - Myles Jack UCLA

If I'm taking one of my acl projects, this is the one i can take. And only in the fourth round. (He may already be gone, but if he's there you're damn right I'm taking him.

Pick 2: Cody Kessler - QB - USC

Round 5

Dan Feeny - G - Indiana

Pick 2: Stacy Coley - WR - Miami

the rest of the picks would be used on the defensive line. Maybe tight-end (it's a horrible draft for tight ends)

And finally.... lets hope this works out, or you're left with Jed York to run football operations. That can't happen.

Well that's my mock plan guys. I want to hear yours.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Oct 5, 2015 at 5:22 PM ]
Thanks for the write up a lot to digest.
if I was trent

i would draft multiple injured players, reach on other picks and not draft a QB cause we rollin with kap
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I would hire Vic Fangio as HC
let him pick his staff
hire Tomsula as DLine coach
Try to trade Kaep now.
Give Gabbert the start now.
Do whatever it takes to get a franchise QB at seasons end.
draft Oline.
Sign Ashlon Jeffery
  • Ike49
Hopefully Trent takes a back seat, he's already done his part in getting us in this mess.

Nice post though
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
I would hire Vic Fangio as HC
let him pick his staff
hire Tomsula as DLine coach
Try to trade Kaep now.
Give Gabbert the start now.
Do whatever it takes to get a franchise QB at seasons end.
draft Oline.
Sign Ashlon Jeffery
your choice as a head coach is a horrid choice. you really need someone who understands a qb and a nfl offense.
Use the Parcells connection to get Sean Payton
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Would be excited to see what Sean Payton could do, we need aggressive offense very badly around here!
Its not on the gm to make these changes you speak of. That's on the staff
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Use the Payton connection to get Brees for a couple seasons while a young QB develops behind him.

(and then reality sets back in)

It's funny we have all been calling for changes along the o line and after 3 horrible games the coach IS JUST NOW THINKING about it maybe?
Put the f**king backup center from the Ravens in.
Put the rookie RT in
Put Martin or Thomas at rg or move back Boone to rt s**t!!!!

How can we as fans see this clear as day and the coaches are in denial. Yes they witness the practices and game tape but we see the product on the f**king field. Dam. Make ol changes and kap and the wrs will magically improve as well as the running game.

FYI the rookie brown was the NUMBER 2 rated O LINEMAN IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. f**k.
Sorry for swearing but I can't take this s**t. Are we smarter than some of these coaches/position coaches? Yes I know that changes are sometimes knee jerk and aren't the best for the team but given the lack of production a change may send the message to the rest of the team that if you don't produce you are benched.
I'm liking the hue Jackson pick.
If I was Trent Baalke and I wanted to fix the 49ers, I would first quit since I was one of the reasons for this mess. I would then let the media know how it really went down with the firing of Harbaugh and how Jed York pushed him out of town and how I had to go along with it.

I would also spill all the dirt on Jed to hopefully force him to hate being in charge of the 49ers and to hopefully beg his uncle to take over the team because everyone is yelling at him. Or maybe convince his parents to sell the team at top dollar to someone that gives a damn about owning a football team.
lol @jackson as HC. and lol @firing Tomsula after one season that indeed was known to be a rebuilding season a priori.

if we indeed fire Tomsula based on the aforementioned fact, nobody will come in here because the seat became suddenly way too hot.

your analysis is way off the mark in a certain point.
I would kill myself.
Share 49ersWebzone