LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Were you relieved to only lose by 14 points?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Were you relieved to only lose by 14 points?

I was actually pumped that the score was 3-17. Another blow out would put us on track for the record books.

What are the realistic goals you have for this season?
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the game wasn't that close
We didn't stand a chance. That FG drive was embarassing. Fumbling, penalties, sacks, near picks etc...
I told my wife when it was 7-0 that it might as well be 70-0.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
if it makes you feel better Rodgers missed on a few throws and the game could have easily been 31-3.
Psyched we held GB to 17 points.

Pissed we only scored 3 and our QB is being run out of town.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
in the past 6 years, GB has never won a game when held to 20 points or less.
the score doesn't paint the whole picture. This game could've easily ended 35-3.
Reminded me of the pre-Harbaugh years to a great extent.

Completely outmatched on offense with a turnstile for an O-line, the defense keeping us in the game and ultimately losing by a relatively close margin.

Maybe it looked better than a complete blowout, but a loss is still a loss. I can't claim to be an expert, but it looks like the cupboards are not as filled as we should like them to be and the people doing the baking aren't the cooks we'd like to have baking the cake.
Defense definitely played better but it also seemed to me GB was just kinda sleepwalking through the game.. Short week on the road, but they were still in complete control of that game and if Niners had done something to wake them up, like oh I dunno, actually scoring a TD, Rodgers/Pack would've responded with 2 TDs in like 6 minutes.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
GB beat themselves, and still won. lol
We needed a shut out to win

Or hold them to a safety
I guess moral victories is all this franchise has left to play for. Pretty much like the Nolan/Singletary era.
Originally posted by boast:
in the past 6 years, GB has never won a game when held to 20 points or less.

Originally posted by SoCold:
GB beat themselves, and still won. lol

I am relieved, but damn. No matter how optimistic I am about the defense, the woes on offense offset my optimism tenfold. These posts really put into perspective how tragic our offense is.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Oct 5, 2015 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I told my wife when it was 7-0 that it might as well be 70-0.

Yeah, to me it was like GB got the early 7-0 lead on opening drive and knew that was good enough and their offense decided to take a nap. And while not blaming a loss on refs, or claiming a different outcome, that BS call on Wilhoite did prevent the early 3-&-out and allowed GB to continue drive for aforementioned 1st qtr nail in the coffin TD. Who knows, force a punt from deep in their own territory, now the Niners start with good field position and some mo'. They still lose, but maybe at least more interesting and entertaining.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 5, 2015 at 1:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone