Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
For all of those on here who are jumping on Chryst for being too vanilla or playcalling being suspect.

Has ANYONE stopped to think that maybe he can't stay in rhythm because his offensive line continues to commit senseless penalties that kill any momentum and drive the team back repeatedly???

How can you catch a flow as a playcaller when your offense can't stop drawing yellow laundry???

Man, I'm watching the game again right now...killer calls. First, the Wilhoite call after a 3 and out and sack by Brooks. Then, next series we're down 0-7. Offense has to press, 3rd and 2, and CK gets called for drawing Raji off. Now, instead of 1st down, it's 3rd and 7 and we come up a yard short. Punt. Shank.

These little things are just killers esp. re: momentum. And we seem to get a lot of holding calls in the RZ too or at the worst times.

The awful thing is that killer officiating blunders like that are so horrific for us now because we're just not in a good place to overcome them. If we get screwed, it's like, "Well that's it, guess we're not scoring this drive." Or "Well, guess we're not getting a first down now." And it's like we're helpless.

I do believe we'll see improvement. 4 games is way too early, especially without Kilgore. This new offense and blocking scheme isn't going to come together that quickly. I want to see what we look like in game 6-8, but I'm impatient as all get-out. I can't handle the waiting, but I know it's something we've just got to deal with.

The positive we saw is that the team DOES seem capable of making corrections -- the defense was incredible considering what Rodgers has done to other teams and how bad our D was for two straight weeks. So perhaps the Offense is next to follow when it comes to making a leap in improvement.

This is very true. I was HOPING that with all the players on I.R. last year (young game experience) and with coaches just keeping the successes and correcting the issues from the previous regime, we'd be very competitive right out of the gate. But then it appeared Mangini tried to change his scheme Week 2 & 3 and we got exploited for it. I still have no idea what Geep is doing. From 3 TE's to not using T.Smith to not using Hyde last game, I have no clue what he's trying to build as far as an ID. But at least I'm encouraged that Mangini may have finally got it. That's a big piece to the puzzle right there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM ]