LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

WE NEED TO WORKOUT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN NOT WIDE RECEIVERS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how about they use WRs as O linemen, they will prob do a better job
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Phoenix, you are truley diabolical...... (evil laugh).

Maybe we're all just being trolled and Tomsula was hired to be a sacrificial lamb so that the team could be bad enough to get a high enough draft pick along with leaving Kaepernick out on an island with bad playcalling and an even worse OL. to make it easier to part ways with him. All while the Yorks save a s**tload of money over the course of a season.

I dont think the Yorks thought it through as well as you just did, but I dont doubt this is what their plan amounts to. In a way, this is why I dont think they made a strong push to sign many FAs or retain our own. Why spend a lot of money on a team that is in rebuild . I think the Yorks are willing to spend, but only in windows of opporunity, not for the sake of fielding a decent product.

I think they'll try to hire a legit coach once they build of the talent pool again.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCold:
anyone playing in a semi pro league for starters

I'm just curious, people have this expectation that there's something better out there when you've got young guys that are worse than anything on the roster, guys who were once good but who injuries have ruined.

I think a more realistic step would be for the coaching staff to start bringing in guys off the bench, bring a guy like Tiller off the PS but as long as they stick with this "we need continuity" nonsense, nothing will change.

Devey and Pears were PFF's lowest rated O linemen last season, by definition ANYONE who played last season and is not on an active roster is better.
Tiller should be on the roster. He was one of our best linemen in the preseason. But he's not. And our teammates talk about how he is difficult to deal with and should be starting.

It seems like a no brainer.

Devey is highly expendable. Pears too, although we don't have much at T I think Thomas would probably be better - it would be hard to be worse.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Oct 5, 2015 at 6:02 PM ]
This coaching staff has lost the team or are close to it. Why would anyone think that Tomsula would make any smart decisions after the last two games?

Maybe we're all just being trolled and Tomsula was hired to be a sacrificial lamb so that the team could be bad enough to get a high enough draft pick along with leaving Kaepernick out on an island with bad playcalling and an even worse OL. to make it easier to part ways with him. All while the Yorks save a s**tload of money over the course of a season.

2015 Sacrificial Lamb: Kaepernick
2016 Sacrificial Lamb: Tomsula

Originally posted by KezarLivin:

2015 Sacrificial Lamb: Kaepernick
2016 Sacrificial Lamb: Tomsula

Okay, heres my crackpot theory, first you fire a massively successful coach, for not being nice enough, then let two pro bowl O-linemen walk, and you replace them with the two worst linemen from last season. Okay are you with me? Right then you pass up every qualified coach that comes along, and hire a bunch of has beens and never was's.

This is long, but bare with me, you chase the Fan favorite QB to the bench (you were an Alex Smith man all along) once he sits, you make sweeping O-line changes, and bring in Gabberet who is moderately successful, allowing you to trade Kaepernick to Philly, for a crap ton of draft picks, because you know Kelly is just that crazy.

Okay, okay, heres the pay off, with all those draft picks, you attract a quality head coach, to run the team...but in a twist, you blow all those picks on guys with injuries, because they might just be a steal!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM ]
Will an All Pro O-line make Kap make accurate throws when he isn't pressured?
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Will an All Pro O-line make Kap make accurate throws when he isn't pressured?

Yes, it will put him in a more comfortable and eased state of mind, allowing him t stop thinking, or worrying, and just let him play, allowing the game to come to him.
By the way, Pryor is a back up Qb, we are trading Keap the Philly for a cheese sandwich.

Looking at yet another receiver when our O-line is in a shambles and we already signed a bunch of receivers, incl Simpson coming back, is a head-scratcher, to say the least. Perhaps the lack od durability of Patton and Ellington play into it, but O-line and QB play should be priorities. When their play is that bad, could the subs be any worse, and if they are, what does that say about the management that chose them? Doesn't matter who we have at receiver if we're not getting them the ball in an accurate and timely manner. The logic, or lack thereof, of this regime is befuddling. I have a headache!
  • cools
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
By the way, Pryor is a back up Qb, we are trading Keap the Philly for a cheese sandwich.

Cheese Steak, Preferably from Dalasandro's
Bringing in guys is something training camp is for. The pickings are bare during the season. Hopefully someone (anyone) will help from the taxi squad.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Okay, heres my crackpot theory, first you fire a massively successful coach, for not being nice enough, then let two pro bowl O-linemen walk, and you replace them with the two worst linemen from last season. Okay are you with me? Right then you pass up every qualified coach that comes along, and hire a bunch of has beens and never was's.

This is long, but bare with me, you chase the Fan favorite QB to the bench (you were an Alex Smith man all along) once he sits, you make sweeping O-line changes, and bring in Gabberet who is moderately successful, allowing you to trade Kaepernick to Philly, for a crap ton of draft picks, because you know Kelly is just that crazy.

Okay, okay, heres the pay off, with all those draft picks, you attract a quality head coach, to run the team...but in a twist, you blow all those picks on guys with injuries, because they might just be a steal!

Ha, no way you could trade Kap at his current contract.
Share 49ersWebzone