LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

WE NEED TO WORKOUT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN NOT WIDE RECEIVERS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we see some changes this week in o line
We need to see what we have in Brandin Thomas, they didn't draft a guaed because they had this guy on the team. And don't forget about Kilgore (the top rated center before he went down with injury last year) looks like he's getting close, Kap was taking snaps from him in pre game warm ups yesterday. Also, wouldn't it be better to have Boone back at right guard? At least have some talent on both sides of the center?
Just bench Devey
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What offensive linemen do you suggest that they workout?

i do not know the names but i just think the team bringing in a x niner who is a linebacker, even though he could bring some good things to the table,, and a scrub for a wide out spot is not addressing the biggest problem child on this team. since options are very limited with in house candidates logic dictates they bring in someone to shake things up. sure there are no game changers out there barring a trade, but i just think the team is being very short sighted by bringing people where we really do not need anyone in my opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This out to help

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 1m1 minute ago
Former #49ers OLB Parys Haralson is scheduled to work out for team in Santa Clara today, according to source.

Veteran depth
that is fine and got no issue with it, but the want for a linebacker is not as great as the need for offensive line help in my opinion
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Baalke whiffed on trading for Devey instead of Levitre for sure.

Devey cost nothing, Levitre is earning $8 million a year coming off a terrible season. Most teams were waiting for him to be cut.

Would you rather have Levitre who was miscast in a power scheme and is a known commodity as a great fit in a ZBS for $8 million or Jordan Devey who was rated as one of the worst guards in the league last year? Matt Ryan's looking pretty happy right now with Levitre, meanwhile at least all that cap room isn't going to waste.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't even like Looney that much, but a traffic cone is better than Devey. Bring back Looney.
i would give this some serious thought.. and like 408 said,, i do not even like him at all
Can Haralson play O-line
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Calm down bro, it's about options at WR and it's just a workout. 9ers don't really need to pick up an O-lineman, what they need to do is move bodies around on the O-line. For instance replace Martin with Easton, Boone to RT, Brandon Thomas at LG, Martin slides to RG and see how that works out. After all weren't they shuffling the O-lineman at all positions during Preseason?
Would you rather have Levitre who was miscast in a power scheme and is a known commodity as a great fit in a ZBS for $8 million or Jordan Devey who was rated as one of the worst guards in the league last year? Matt Ryan's looking pretty happy right now with Levitre, meanwhile at least all that cap room isn't going to waste.

I'd have one of the young guards playing seeing as this team is not going anywhere anyways this season. The Falcons thought they were close to being a playoff team so they made the move, albeit an expensive one.

Also, cap room doesn't go to waste as you know, it rolls over on a yearly basis. The $8 mil that the 49ers didn't spend will still be available for them in the offseason when they will have taken a better stock of the team's status and needs.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 5, 2015 at 11:14 AM ]

This tryout makes no sense to me either. Only thing I can assume is that Patton and Ellington have lingering issues. While White may not be the best KR man, he's certainly worth a look at WR. OR, maybe, behind the scenes to keep the reporters at bay, they're really bringing in Pryor to see what he can do at QB.
Pryor? lol if we sign him i'm out for the rest of the season
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Calm down bro, it's about options at WR and it's just a workout. 9ers don't really need to pick up an O-lineman, what they need to do is move bodies around on the O-line. For instance replace Martin with Easton, Boone to RT, Brandon Thomas at LG, Martin slides to RG and see how that works out. After all weren't they shuffling the O-lineman at all positions during Preseason?
That is a good idea with the OL reshuffle. Devey and Pears are probably not going to be on the team next year. They need to try out Easton at center until Kilgore is ready. Bring up Brandon Thomas, Trent Brown, and Tiller from the PS. Cut Devey please! Having Martin responsible for calling out the blocking plays is scary! They need to reshuffle, bring guys up, and cut Devey. If I see Martin, Devey, and Pears one more game I am going to hurl.

I'd have one of the young guards playing seeing as this team is not going anywhere anyways this season. The Falcons thought they were close to being a playoff team so they made the move, albeit an expensive one.

Also, cap room doesn't go to waste as you know, it rolls over on a yearly basis. The $8 mil that the 49ers didn't spend will still be available for them in the offseason when they will have taken a better stock of the team's status and needs.

And Levitre is still better than any other right guards on the team and would have been a huge improvement, yet Baalke acquired a terrible one. The Falcons also restructured his deal so he's not a huge hit going forward. Just a bad decision when a better alternative was available.
Originally posted by HydeURwife:
This tryout makes no sense to me either. Only thing I can assume is that Patton and Ellington have lingering issues. While White may not be the best KR man, he's certainly worth a look at WR. OR, maybe, behind the scenes to keep the reporters at bay, they're really bringing in Pryor to see what he can do at QB.

Patton is being tested for a concussion, Ellington isn't completely healthy, basically the WR's for next week as of today are Boldin, Torrey and DeAndre White.
Share 49ersWebzone