LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

WE NEED TO WORKOUT OFFENSIVE LINEMEN NOT WIDE RECEIVERS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Are we just plain stupid as an organization or what? Why are we working out Prior if we really should be working out Offensive Linemen instead? I don't get our coaches and management's thinking? If we know our Oline is bad and needs help why are we not looking at bringing in some talent to see what we can find? Really Prior? A washed up converted QB like we did with Micheal Robinson...yeah cuz he's still on oue team, look how that turned out...Dumb, Dumb, and Dummest management and coaching we've had in years! I am ashamed of how we look as a team..good thing our Defense is trying to make strides, they are the ONLY reason we were even in the game against Green Bay!! Come On Yorks!!!!!
What offensive linemen do you suggest that they workout?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

anyone playing in a semi pro league for starters
  • Ike49

I'd start with the 31 other teams practice squads and work my way down from there
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Ike49:

I'd start with the 31 other teams practice squads and work my way down from there

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523505/article/practice-squad-tracker
Originally posted by SoCold:

I'm just curious, people have this expectation that there's something better out there when you've got young guys that are worse than anything on the roster, guys who were once good but who injuries have ruined.

I think a more realistic step would be for the coaching staff to start bringing in guys off the bench, bring a guy like Tiller off the PS but as long as they stick with this "we need continuity" nonsense, nothing will change.

If I was in charge, I'd cut Devey outright and drop Silberman to the PS. I'd bring Tiller up from the PS, I'd also snatch up Laurence Gibson from the KC PS. I'd put Easton at center, Tiller at RT and leave Pears at RT for the time being and see if either Brown or Gibson can show enough to displace him in the near future.

But that's still a crapshoot, these other guys could be just as bad or worse but I'll be stunned if the coaching staff sticks with the "stay the course" rhetoric yet again.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 5, 2015 at 9:48 AM ]
  • Ike49

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523505/article/practice-squad-tracker

Guarantee there's 2 guys listed there that can be better than Pears and Martin
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
NE has three guys on their PS that are prob as good as who we traded for
lol

I'm just curious, people have this expectation that there's something better out there when you've got young guys that are worse than anything on the roster, guys who were once good but who injuries have ruined.

I think a more realistic step would be for the coaching staff to start bringing in guys off the bench, bring a guy like Tiller off the PS but as long as they stick with this "we need continuity" nonsense, nothing will change.

I have a feeling a change will be made on the offensive line, but probably once we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I have a feeling a change will be made on the offensive line, but probably once we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention

I don't think they were ever in playoff contention to start with.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Oh theres defenitely somebody better than Devey out there. Devey might be the worst guard Ive ever seen. He shouldnt even be on a tean let alone starting.

I don't think they were ever in playoff contention to start with.

at least compete for respectability, keeping the Packers under 20 points is an indication we can hang at least hang in there with the best of them
  • Ike49

Lol that's always the best time to make a playoff run

We need to make a change ASAP and get Gabbert on the field. If nothing else it will save Kap from serious injury and hopefully that will be enough to con some team into taking him off our hands.
Originally posted by Antix:
Oh theres defenitely somebody better than Devey out there. Devey might be the worst guard Ive ever seen. He shouldnt even be on a tean let alone starting.

None of that matters as long as the coaching staff is like "we're building chemistry."
Share 49ersWebzone