There are 251 users in the forums

Should we Start Keith Reaser and bench Ken Acker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we Start Keith Reaser and bench Ken Acker?

Originally posted by 49erDawgFan:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/your-nfl-all-surprise-team/

"CB: Kenneth Acker, 49ers

Like Darby, Acker had his ugly day in Week 2, when Antonio Brown basically used him as the base for a Weisian highlight reel. Outside of that disastrous performance, though, Acker's held up nicely as what basically amounts to a rookie cornerback, given that the 2014 sixth-rounder missed his entire rookie season with a foot injury. Acker's the sort of tall, long-armed cornerback that NFL teams are drooling over these days; if he continues to improve in coverage, his ability to challenge opposing wideouts at the line of scrimmage and chip in as a willing run defender could make him a very valuable asset."

I'm with NCommand. He is a rookie. And the poor play of Glenn Dorsey and whatever is going on with Carradine highlights our need for a guy like Armstead. Sure, Peters would have been great but who knows how he'd have looked on our team (and this is coming from a fellow Washington Husky)

nice find, forgot about Grantland after BS left

I've been impressed with Acker, sure he's struggled but two of those game were against the two best WRs in the league in Brown and ODB, also Palmer and Rodgers, so it's gonna get easier for him and I expect him to start getting some picks like he has the past two pre-seasons
I love Reaser's potential though, we have a logjam of DBs
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Lol this was funny
Originally posted by SoCold:
Lol this was funny

lol good times in 2015.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Lol this was funny

lol good times in 2015.

Didn't need Peters cause we had Acker and the dude we took instead is hurt. Oh man can't make it up.
TRADED to Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691215/article/chiefs-acquire-cb-kenneth-acker-in-trade-with-49ers

No news on compensation
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
TRADED to Chiefs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691215/article/chiefs-acquire-cb-kenneth-acker-in-trade-with-49ers

No news on compensation

7th rounder in 2018 lol
Where is the Acker thread? I need some laughs.
Don't need zone CBs anymore...press now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Marcus Peters in four games has allowed 21 catches on 36 targets for 280 yards with 5 TDs allowed and 2 INTs. Opposing QB rating is 99.5.

Kenneth in four games has allowed 18 catches on 25 targets for 303 yards with 0 TDs allowed and 1 INT. Opposing QB rating is 95.9.

So yeah, I'm sure Peters would have been a HUGE upgrade in year one. This is par for the course for rookies (Acker basically is a rookie), and we should't expect anything else. They usually make strides as the season goes on and I don't expect anything different from these two.

Lolol

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Marcus Peters in four games has allowed 21 catches on 36 targets for 280 yards with 5 TDs allowed and 2 INTs. Opposing QB rating is 99.5.

Kenneth in four games has allowed 18 catches on 25 targets for 303 yards with 0 TDs allowed and 1 INT. Opposing QB rating is 95.9.

So yeah, I'm sure Peters would have been a HUGE upgrade in year one. This is par for the course for rookies (Acker basically is a rookie), and we should't expect anything else. They usually make strides as the season goes on and I don't expect anything different from these two.

Lolol

Gold
I was on to something back in 2015...lol....freakin Nostradamus. lol
Share 49ersWebzone