LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Should we Start Keith Reaser and bench Ken Acker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should we Start Keith Reaser and bench Ken Acker?

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Should have drafted Marcus Peters like had wanted.

Sus >>>>> baalke

QFT

Thanks bro

no prob dude
Originally posted by HydeURwife:
Peters would've been the smart, safe pick. not sure what they were thinking. Position of need, best in the draft available........ doesn't make sense. To me anyway.

Peters gave up 4 TD's in 4 games. Did he give up another one yesterday? Good player but Acker still grades out higher at the moment. AA looks good too.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
LOL....for what; only giving up 14 points to one of the most potent offenses in the NFL. This threads about a week too late.

Word On the street is Aaron Rodgers took it easy on the 49ers he didn't wonna embarrass his childhood team. Much love to Aaron.
Marcus Peters in four games has allowed 21 catches on 36 targets for 280 yards with 5 TDs allowed and 2 INTs. Opposing QB rating is 99.5.

Kenneth in four games has allowed 18 catches on 25 targets for 303 yards with 0 TDs allowed and 1 INT. Opposing QB rating is 95.9.

So yeah, I'm sure Peters would have been a HUGE upgrade in year one. This is par for the course for rookies (Acker basically is a rookie), and we should't expect anything else. They usually make strides as the season goes on and I don't expect anything different from these two.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Peters would've been the smart, safe pick. not sure what they were thinking. Position of need, best in the draft available........ doesn't make sense. To me anyway.

Peters gave up 4 TD's in 4 games. Did he give up another one yesterday? Good player but Acker still grades out higher at the moment. AA looks good too.

Link?
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Oct 5, 2015 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Marcus Peters in four games has allowed 21 catches on 36 targets for 280 yards with 5 TDs allowed and 2 INTs. Opposing QB rating is 99.5.

Kenneth in four games has allowed 18 catches on 25 targets for 303 yards with 0 TDs allowed and 1 INT. Opposing QB rating is 95.9.

So yeah, I'm sure Peters would have been a HUGE upgrade in year one. This is par for the course for rookies (Acker basically is a rookie), and we should't expect anything else. They usually make strides as the season goes on and I don't expect anything different from these two.

They both look solid so far but peters looks like a stud.
dude marcus peters was a cant miss pick man. just look at those stats against him with an amazing passrush in front of him, he is doing great. Plus he has no emotional baggage either, perfect prospect.
Sure he does, but that is basically based off one game against the Broncos. Guess what? Manning is pretty much making EVERY opposing secondary look like studs. Remember after week 1 how the media basically crowned the Ravens as having a great defense for what they did against Manning? Um yeah, that sure lasted long. And the Vikings secondary had their way with Manning yesterday as well. Take away the Denver game and RIGHT NOW Peters doesn't look like anything special. Looks like a good rookie making mistakes as expected. Will be interesting to see how he progresses along with Acker.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
dude marcus peters was a cant miss pick man. just look at those stats against him with an amazing passrush in front of him, he is doing great. Plus he has no emotional baggage either, perfect prospect.

LOL, funny how after one game he got crowned as the next great corner. In that game he was beat plenty but noodle arm Manning made him look better than what he is at this point. And it should DEFINITELY be pointed out just how much better his pass rush is compared to ours.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:

Peters also has the benefit of a better pass rush in front of him. He definitely was not a smarter or safer pick when you consider he had red flags for character issues.

He has great potential and might be the best corner in his class when it is all said and done but this team was not in a position to gamble on a character risk.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Peters also has the benefit of a better pass rush in front of him. He definitely was not a smarter or safer pick when you consider he had red flags for character issues.

He has great potential and might be the best corner in his class when it is all said and done but this team was not in a position to gamble on a character risk.

Not only that, but the Chiefs already have a great DL that we don't have at this moment so you have to build inside out. Our dominant defenses consisted of a great front 7 with a sound secondary that was nothing special. That is how you win in this game. If the Chiefs didn't have a good DL, do you guys really think they take Peters over a DL? I think Peters turns out to be a good one, but he wouldn't be a savior in year one in this scheme with this pass rush. But hopefully we will implement more of the game plan we used last week opposed to the prior three weeks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
2 ints and a pick 6 mutiple pass break ups. People still wonna argue about baalke's F ups. I love it your boy is being raked over the coals.

That dude sus was right all this time it must be killing you guys right now. Lmao
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
does it really matter when we can only score 3 points
2 ints and a pick 6 mutiple pass break ups. People still wonna argue about baalke's F ups. I love it your boy is being raked over the coals.

That dude sus was right all this time it must be killing you guys right now. Lmao

Dude wrecked this team and by now that is pretty obvious. I could understand defending his moves prior to the season started, but now, its not that hard to see that we are depleted and have inept coaching.
we were always good in finding CBs late.
and, d-line>>>>>>>>pass defense. baalke explained that prototypical 4tech-d-liners are rare. how often do we need to discuss that?
Share 49ersWebzone