LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

What needs to happen on offense...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What changes need to happen on offense to make it more productive?

We need to call running plays out of a more traditional set. No more read-option runs. Line up in I-formation, and give Hyde a FB to work with. Also, it seems like every running play goes to the left(if someone could post a breakdown of where our running plays go, it would much appreciated)

Something MUST be done about the right side of our line. WRATH is pretty knowledgeable when it come to the O-Line, so maybe he can offer up a solution.

In the first game it seemed like we were moving Kaepernick around nicely(roll-outs, boot-legs, play-actions). In these last 3, not so much.

We need to use the speed we have. All too often I see T.Smith on the sidelines, in favor of a TE on 3rd downs.

What else gentlemen?
I can understand the loyalty to Kaeperknick and not wanting to give up on him , but what's with not looking into changing things up on the offensive line ????

Devey and Pears need to sit !!!!!!
New OC to start with

For the remainder of the season we need to fix the OLine as best we can.

Try Trent Brown at RT, Thomas at RG.

IMO Baalke needs to have a tough talk w/JT and demand some realistic results like Eddie D used to do.

I thought Mangini really stepped up this weekend.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
If there isn't an OL shuffle this week............

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
New OC to start with

For the remainder of the season we need to fix the OLine as best we can.

Try Trent Brown at RT, Thomas at RG.

IMO Baalke needs to have a tough talk w/JT and demand some realistic results like Eddie D used to do.

I thought Mangini really stepped up this weekend.

Mangini planned accordingly for one of the leagues more potent attacks , Geep Chryst, Steve Logan and Steve Foerster are definitely behind the 8 ball ....if we could have put 18 points on the board, that game was ours
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Mangini planned accordingly for one of the leagues more potent attacks , Geep Chryst, Steve Logan and Steve Foerster are definitely behind the 8 ball ....if we could have put 18 points on the board, that game was ours

This was really a "make or break" game.

I honestly think that we're going to end up with somewhere between 4-6 wins. That f**king sucks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

I honestly think that we're going to end up with somewhere between 4-6 wins. That f**king sucks.

I'm thinking my prediction of 3 wins might be a little too optimistic.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
U of jiM's OL is better

LOL
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

I'm thinking my prediction of 3 wins might be a little too optimistic.

It's highly improbable that we win 3 or less games.
When Steve Logan is sitting with Kap on the sidelines, I'm seeing an elementry school teacher and a kindergardener. Geep Chryst looks completely lost in the booth. The offensive coaching staff is terrible. Unfonrtunately, nothing will be done about it this year so we just have to eat it. This all starts from the top.

Jed York quote:

"I want a teacher. I think what made Bill Walsh so successful is that he was a great teacher, whether that was players or whether that was other coaches. You look at his successful coaching tree, and I think if you look in the 49ers' Hall of Fame down the road, I want to say as of 2012 or 2013, 29 of the 32 coaches in the NFL had either a direct or an indirect relationship with Bill. And that's what made this organization so successful. And you're able to transition from one three-time-winning Super Bowl head coach to another two-time-Super-Bowl-winning head coach, and there were many other tentacles beyond that. What I want to make sure that we have is somebody that understands that level of teaching, understands how to get more out of less and continues to build an organization that wins both on and off the field."

Geep Chryst and Jim Fartsula are your vision and are comparable to those winning coaches?? You need a new pair of glasses, Jed.

Share 49ersWebzone