There are 179 users in the forums

Start Gabbert?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Start Gabbert?

Never thought in a million years I would be asking this question, but curious to see where the zone stands.

Me personally, no, I want Kaepernick to remain the starter for the remainder of the season, but what do you guys think?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yeah but it won't change anything.
No
Have hyde run the wildcat all game.
Of course. Not to salvage the season because that won't happen, but to see if he is worth having next year. No reason to play Kap since he won't be here next year.
Yes, for two reasons.

1. Kap needs to get his head right
2. Gabbert may not be good enough to win a game but I guarantee he'll hit the simple gimme plays that Kap is blowing
Originally posted by captveg:
Yes, for two reasons.

2. Gabbert may not be good enough to win a game but I guarantee he'll hit the simple gimme plays that Kap is blowing

gabbert got the alex smith treatment in jacksonville, he might be better than we think. there is something wrong with kap mentally i think. whatever it is something made him regress badly the last couple games. give kap one more game next week, but if he cant score by halftime, its time to give someone else a chance
Not yet
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Yes, for two reasons.

gabbert got the alex smith treatment in jacksonville, he might be better than we think. there is something wrong with kap mentally i think. whatever it is something made him regress badly the last couple games. give kap one more game next week, but if he cant score by halftime, its time to give someone else a chance
Agreed with all this.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Never thought in a million years I would be asking this question, but curious to see where the zone stands.

Me personally, no, I want Kaepernick to remain the starter for the remainder of the season, but what do you guys think?

i never thought I'd Say yes.. but...Kaep needs a "wake up" as do others. If THIS is what he is.. he ain't a decent starter and... his trade value sucks.

Let's face it.. NO quick fix. It will take some time.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Go for it if you want the number one overall pick.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Yes, for two reasons.

Agreed with all this.

gabbert had no line, no receivers and horrible coaching in jax. atleast we have a couple decent receivers and a few decent linemen. i just think for whatever reason, kap is scared and unfocussed. like he doesnt want to let loose. id have to imagine gabbert has been chomping at the bit to start again, dude was a top ten pick for a reason, lets see what he can do with us before we right him off. if kap is a true leader he'll take it as motivation and step up to take his job back, if he doesnt step up, hes just not our guy. simple as that
Yes, for two reasons.

If he really ia going to get a chance it shouldn't be after halftime. Make the decision during the week so he can work with the 1s
we need go start gabbert!! Not because he gives us the best chance to win (which he might), but because if kaep continues to play like this he will lose any trade value he might have left.. I say he might have some value left because it only takes one front office to like him enough to not want to risk letting him become a free agent.. Just my opinion of course
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Yes, for two reasons.

So agree with this. We dont know about gabbert until he plays. Cant look at his jax years and say he's not. He has different coaching staff here. Maybe its better maybe its worse, we'll never know until he plays. Kaep is gonna give us the same stuff each week and we're tired of it. Sometimes a guy needs to be benched to collect himself.
Share 49ersWebzone