LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

game #4: The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Good:

I know everyone wants to be a negative nancy but the defense played great today. It's too bad we couldn't put up points to make this a game.

Ugly:

Kap and the O-Line... I don't necessarily think it's all on Kap but lets be real we aren't paying him 16-17 mil next year to play like this. We can start Gabbert for a fraction of that and get the same production. Something has to change on the offensive side.

I agree with this post 100%.
Good:
The defense

The Bad:
Kapernick - just garbage

The ugly -
Oline, that right side is 2007 bad.
pinion, what the f**k.
that draw on 3rd & 10+ was just
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
At least it wasn't the read option out of the pistol in our own endzone.

WORST Offensive call of the day.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
"It's NOT all on Kap. I really believe if he had time to throw he'd be doing much better."

He has time on some throws but is indecisive, holds the ball to long and ends up taking a sack.

um yes...don't know what game you are watching but Kap did have time to throw on some of the plays and he threw at the players feet, threw behind them or threw the ball 10 yards out of bounds so not to give our WR a chance to make a play.

I think he's gun shy and lost all confidence but i do give Jeep Chryst 100% to blame. He's a talented QB with s**tty play calling. Jeep has a ton of talent to work with and doesn't know what to do with it. FIRE JEEP NOW!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

3rd and 11.
the good
the D was a lot better this week
sweep play with patton was good and different from the normal same old same old
opposition punting short and to the sideline to nullify the PR

the bad
trigger shy QB
offensive line that still is failing to protect the pocket
inconsistant punting
opposition punting short and to the sideline because they dont respect our offense.
At least the D somewhat controlled Rodgers
Defense was better than I thought it would be, especially if you take out the dumb penalties.

The whole team wasn't playing bad, as much as just being bad. Its hard to blame them for that.

Kaepernick is good at running and is relatively tough for a qb, just needs to learn how to think and react quicker.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

3rd and 11.

Agree
Kap sucks, it is all on him.
Ok listen the defense played great against a Green Bay team who straight up tore up teams..now on no way am I sticking up for kap but it all starts with the O-line..no time at all to pass had the pocket collapse on kap more times than not..6 sacks not counting the 1s that he avoided bc he is athletic..no holes to run which is they key to success with this team.,again the kap is not Rodgers or Brady he cannot sling it around bc he obviously has trouble..he needs to feed of the running game and move the pocket with play actions then the defense is on their heels..the o-line is bad making kap worse..I read that the d is pushing for tiller to start..please let him and Trent brown get a chance..when is Kilgore coming back so Martin can slide over to guard ?!?!? It all starts with the o-line..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

3rd and 11.

Agree

with a boss status punter like ours, can you blame them for wanting to punt?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
you guys act like the packers were at full strength. They basically whooped our ass with 1 WR.
Share 49ersWebzone