LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

game #4: The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Stud
The good: Defense played well, not great, but good. Held Packers to their lowest point total of the season. Lynch was a stud

The ugly: Vance McDonald and Kap. My god these two alone wanted to make me to gouge my eyes out.
[ Edited by Stud on Oct 4, 2015 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Stud:
LOL. You put Kap under Bad but not under Ugly? That was one of the worst displays of QB play I've seen in recent memory.

BTW. Kap had over 10 seconds in the pocket and threw the pick. These excuses for Kap has to stop.

That pick was basically a punt lol...he was trying to make a damn play these offensive play calls and piss poor oline didn't help...the offense top to bottom is crap.

That play was BETTER than a punt, Pinon sucks!
  • Ike49
The good: Arron Lynch

The bad: Colin Sackorpick

The ugly:Packers fans invading Levis stadium
Good

The Defense, you hold this Pack Offense under 20, you've done everything you can to help the team win

Bad/Ugly

The Offense, just painful to watch... Did nothing to take advantage of the D's hard work & everything to tire them out & make them crack

Hope they're buying dinner tonight
Originally posted by Jcool:
"It's NOT all on Kap. I really believe if he had time to throw he'd be doing much better."

He has time on some throws but is indecisive, holds the ball to long and ends up taking a sack.

Agree

And IMO, he's getting gun-shy from all the pressure

When he has had protection - it hasn't been as big a factor as in the past
They just said on fox that this is the worst offensive performance for a 49ers team since 1964 Is this true?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Jcool:
"It's NOT all on Kap. I really believe if he had time to throw he'd be doing much better."

He has time on some throws but is indecisive, holds the ball to long and ends up taking a sack.

Agree

And IMO, he's getting gun-shy from all the pressure

When he has had protection - it hasn't been as big a factor as in the past

He had a QB mentor in Harbaugh that helped him stay focused. Now that's gone and Kap looks like s**t.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He had a QB mentor in Harbaugh that helped him stay focused. Now that's gone and Kap looks like s**t.
really? then you apparently missed all of the 2014 season.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
They just said on fox that this is the worst offensive performance for a 49ers team since 1964 Is this true?

The offensive coaches should wear paperbags on their heads.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

And then asked Jimmy Johnson how would he fix this offense....his answer: Look for a new QB, because Kaepernick is just playing sandlot football and the other 10 guys on offense don't know what to do.

Sad but true.

• SMAUG
  • Veteran
The good:

It wasn't the blowout against us that the 'realists' were predicting / hoping for.

D worked well.
Kap didn't suck as bad as last week.
We have a good chance against the Giants next week

The bad:

O still isn't working.
Early ref calls
Originally posted by Kolohe:

And then asked Jimmy Johnson how would he fix this offense....his answer: Look for a new QB, because Kaepernick is just playing sandlot football and the other 10 guys on offense don't know what to do.

Sad but true.

Good: the defense, especially Ward, thought he had a stellar game against Cobb. I thought AA and lynch had good games as well.

Bad: the offense as a whole, everyone's body language is just terrible. Kap looks scared, Boldin is throwing his hands up every play and Torrey was visibly frustrated as well.
I also didn't like some of the play calling. I thought a lot of the crossing patterns were working and then we stopped running them. I also think we are using too many 2-3 TE sets. I don't understand why Ellington didn't get any snaps. I would of like to have seen us go 4 wide and use some quick throws since the OL wasn't holding up. Also would of liked to have seen some deep throws to Torrey before the end of the 4th quarter.

Ugly: The OL enough said
Well with how well-oiled an offensive machine this is, now I see the wisdom of Kaepernick playing like 20 snaps in the preseason. Stupid me, here I thought with so many new moving parts they needed extra work.
The Good: Kap 2013
The Bad: Kap 2014
The Ugly: Kap 2015
Share 49ersWebzone