There are 212 users in the forums

Future game in Aus

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hey Zealot,, Looks like York will get 10mil to bring the 49's to sydney !! According to reports today it's more than rumours,,,But I would think by the time the dollars are done more than 20mil will go to york to bring them out for a preseason,,, Buzz rothfield seems to have heard it from someone in the know on sunday at LEVI

Hell Yeah!!!
Originally posted by NFLFANDOWNUNDER:
Hey Zealot,, Looks like York will get 10mil to bring the 49's to sydney !! According to reports today it's more than rumours,,,But I would think by the time the dollars are done more than 20mil will go to york to bring them out for a preseason,,, Buzz rothfield seems to have heard it from someone in the know on sunday at LEVI

Hell Yeah!!!

Yeah, it'd be awesome. I just hope if it happens there's something arranged to ensure the first team players not only show up, but play a decent amount of the game. I'd want to see a bunch of top flight players, not just Hayne.
Heard as well 49ers management are planning on bringing over 20-30 Kangaroos to graze on Levi stadiums grass before every home game. Fans can have pictures and pet/pat the cute little (kinda hugely aggressive and dangerous and often not so little at 6ft+) animals before the game.

A nice initiative by management.
Originally posted by J_Train:
Heard as well 49ers management are planning on bringing over 20-30 Kangaroos to graze on Levi stadiums grass before every home game. Fans can have pictures and pet/pat the cute little (kinda hugely aggressive and dangerous and often not so little at 6ft+) animals before the game.

A nice initiative by management.
until one decides to kick bowman's knee! that would be nasty!!
I hope to god we don't ever play a game in Australia.

If Australians want to watch the NFL live, then come to America.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

is that because you can't package up the atmosphere or because you don't want to share the game?
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/10/26/9616744/49ers-owner-talking-to-australia-about-preseason-game-in-sydney

They are talking about bringing the first pre season game.
Why wouldn't they want to capitalize on the increase of interest of NFL on the back of Hayne.
Game pass has increased by over 40% in subscriptions from last year in Australia.
Haynes first televised game on ESPN Australia had more viewers than last years Super Bowl on the same channel.
Unfortunately for the Aussie new fans, their introduction to NFL has been the 2015 49ers...
It would get 80,000 to watch a pre season game.

You left out the part where you explain your reasoning here. I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't, especially if they want to increase international exposure.
This will only work if Jed York forces them to play Jarryd Hayne in every remaining game of the season because interest will wane big time if Hayne sits out the rest of of it,ain't nobody turning up to a preseason game down here for a guy who sat on the bench
Why did I read the thread title and thought it said "Future game in Anus" ?

Originally posted by Eli_23:
Why did I read the thread title and thought it said "Future game in Anus" ?

Because it would be apt seeing as the team is playing like s**t.

It would be great for the game and the franchise in gaining more fans and followers and improving the status of the game over here and branching out... Not so good for this board tho. Imagine how many more Hayne threads will pop up on here.
Originally posted by Oztroy:
is that because you can't package up the atmosphere or because you don't want to share the game?

Originally posted by Zealot:
You left out the part where you explain your reasoning here. I can't think of any good reason why they shouldn't, especially if they want to increase international exposure.

Originally posted by growlzee:
It would be great for the game and the franchise in gaining more fans and followers and improving the status of the game over here and branching out... Not so good for this board tho. Imagine how many more Hayne threads will pop up on here.

I only said it to be a dick. Geez, can't a guy be a dick anymore...lol
I only said it to be a dick. Geez, can't a guy be a dick anymore...lol

Go right ahead. I don't know what you think, but I usually chuck in a smiley or two to help people determine when I'm just having a bit of fun with a post.
[ Edited by Zealot on Oct 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM ]
last year Chesea ,Manchester United , Barcelona, ect ect have come out in recent years to Aust due to the huge fans they could pick up & revenue raised to appear. With or Without HAYNE it would be a sellout. No doubt HAYNE would be there if he is still a 49niner by then. When I watched the Broncos v Chargers in 99 in sydney we still got a huge crowd and the game was not even a pre season game. Also NFL in AUST was not even on the radar back then. It will sell out in a few hours I have no doubt.

I have seen that question asked why would they come?? I think those clubs above I mentioned all decided to come and that was two weeks after their season was finished which I FIND AMAZING. So the mighty $$$$ goes a long way!!
Share 49ersWebzone