There are 210 users in the forums

Future game in Aus

Shop Find 49ers gear online
initially read the thread title as future game in anus
Originally posted by defenderDX:

But they already play all the games there...
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:

I'm sure there's a rule about keeping it clean
Originally posted by Marty:
The ticket sales from bums on seats is well and good, but the real payoff is the media exposure + public interest leading to new TV viewership.

Yeah its the same reason Rugby and League have played exhibition games in the US including an extra State of Origin Game over there one year..
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by growlzee:
Yeah its the same reason Rugby and League have played exhibition games in the US including an extra State of Origin Game over there one year..

I remember Mark McGaw scoring a good try in that one
Originally posted by Zealot:

I'm sure there's a rule about keeping it clean

You mean a forum rule? I just thought it might have been a bit of sly tongue in cheek and was just playing along.

Alfie Langer came third and won $50 in a body building comp that was being held at the hotel the Queensland team stayed at.

Future games in the auss right up the auss hole
Yeah and they don't work. Just because its played at a stadium near you doesn't make you invested in the sport in any way. Might as well be a medieval fare down the road. Just some random weird s**t going on you couldn't care less about. Australia is now invested in the nfl because we were already invested in hayne. If you want Germany interested give David hasselhoff a few snaps at qb, that will work a lot better than a game at the staden de eisenschlausen.

I bet the NFL has already called over there to arrange plans. If theres money to be made, and a way to expand the brand, the NFL will do it.
  • 5FDP
  • Veteran
They've already played a game here. It was in 1999 and it wasn't as successful as they (the NFL) hoped for. I remember sitting on one side of the stadium and the other side was almost completely empty except for all the TV cameras. When it was beamed back to the US, they said it was a full stadium. Far from it. On a side note, the starting QB for the Chargers back then was Jim Harbaugh and I was privileged to meet him
I attended the only NFL game held in Australia Previous. Back in the days when it was a Genuine STD 110,000 seats
In 1999 The Bronco's v Chargers about 50,00 crowd not a good game to watch that day pic below
It was a second string Player Game But Darren Bennett was the AUSTRALIAN K at the time for the charges.
Has to be SYDNEY OLYMPIC std due to Field requirements.
If 49's came with or without HAYNE it would still sell out any way.
SAME AS THE MLB two years ago LA V Arizona SCG all games sold out 3 in total.
Game would sell out in 10 mins, Ive heard that there a chance of another pre season game exhibition coming back maybe 2016 or 2017

I could only dream of my 49niners coming to my Town!!! Dreaming,,,,,,,Yep that's all I can do!

Originally posted by NFLFANDOWNUNDER:
I attended the only NFL game held in Australia Previous. Back in the days when it was a Genuine STD 110,000 seats
In 1999 The Bronco's v Chargers about 50,00 crowd not a good game to watch that day pic below
It was a second string Player Game

Unless it was part of regular season and points were on the line no team will risk their starters for a no reward exhibition, like we seen in preseason.
Originally posted by NFLFANDOWNUNDER:
It was a second string Player Game

Unless it was part of regular season and points were on the line no team will risk their starters for a no reward exhibition, like we seen in preseason.

Yeah, that's the trouble, unless there was really something to play for, you're not gonna get the real team on the field with the injury risks etc for what is essentially a nothing game.
Share 49ersWebzone