LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Tom Rathman for coach!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonMexico:
I think rathman should be our QB, he could lead us to a superbowl

This I like. Put all the coaches out there like the scene from We Are Marshall where the coaching staff serves as the scout team.
Hire me as head coach and I will take most of your guys' advice and we will all run the team together. I will give all of u a thread to talk to me on Monday mornings and Friday nights. The rest ill run but at least the zone will be involved
Josh McDaniels: "Ill take the HC offer"

Jed : "Only if you make Rathman the OC"

Josh: "go f**k your self"
Hire me, Ill be a "yes man" for half of Jimmy T's salary. I coached flag football should be enough expierence.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Try Sean Payton, he might be available at the end of this season.

Isn't he under contract until the end of 2017? Doubt the Saints would get rid of a Super Bowl-winning coach over two mediocre seasons.

Then again we got rid of Jim Harbaugh over even lesser concerns, but still...
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 29, 2015 at 8:03 PM ]
Do you think will get the #1 pick and draft Goff?
[ Edited by braap49er on Sep 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Isn't he under contract until the end of 2017? Doubt the Saints would get rid of a Super Bowl-winning coach over two mediocre seasons.

Its not just his coaching record. He has full control over personnel and has driven that roster into the ground. They already are over the cap for NEXT year. They have a grand total of 5 players remaining on their roster from their 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts out of around 16 or 17 picks.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by braap49er:
Do you think will get the #1 pick and draft Goff?
3 games into the season and you already have the coach fired , ck gone and our team getting the number one pick. unreal.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
What makes you think he wouldn't? And, more importantly, what makes you think you even know a thing about football? All you do on this board is belittle people who don't agree with your point of view. I see by the amount of red boxes you have that there is obviously nothing else going on in your life and watching everyone else in the world take the girl you toss off to at night out may be a frustrating experience, but hang in there, lil guy. Sooner or later it will happen for you.

This couldn't be further from the truth. He's one of the very few posters in this forum that contributes well thought-out posts. Personally attacking someone only makes you look foolish.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not saying to pull the plug on the hedgehog just yet, but if this season continues to play out this way, why not? He has more NFL experience than Tomsula, is a hard nosed guy, would emphasize the running game as Baalke wants, and has ties to the glory days. Well respected guy league wide, who would be able to assemble a quality staff, but most importantly, knows how to win.

What makes you think Rathman would assemble a quality staff??

Oh yeah....

What makes you think he wouldn't? And, more importantly, what makes you think you even know a thing about football? All you do on this board is belittle people who don't agree with your point of view. I see by the amount of red boxes you have that there is obviously nothing else going on in your life and watching everyone else in the world take the girl you toss off to at night out may be a frustrating experience, but hang in there, lil guy. Sooner or later it will happen for you.

This is one of the stupidest, most childish reactions to a post in WZ history. Congratulations.

You can't just say Rathman would assemble a quality staff "because I said so". Why would he assemble a quality staff? Does he have ties to anyone in particular that you're thinking of?
where are the posters who express out rage over personal attacks on posters

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Try Sean Payton, he might be available at the end of this season.

Well, is not working out for him. He has been there too long. He tried it with the high-powered offense and won one Super Bowl, then when it stopped working he tried to follow the NFC West blue print and run the ball and that didn't work. At this point, Drew Brees' tank is almost empty, he needs a change of scenery if he still wants to coach. If he is still contracted then he just needs to have a frank talk with the front office and part ways amicably.
Share 49ersWebzone