LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 356 users in the forums

Do Not Push the Big Red "Panic Button" ... Yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by harkenthegoldenyears:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Lol i think people are hitting the pnic button for the obvious reasons. The same ones we knew about this offseason.
Being optimistic is one thing being real... Well that's what a lot are on here.
We have too many holes and had too many holes to fill.
We filled a lot of those holes with talent so less than what we had before its painful.
We are the 49ers a once proud historic franchise. No it feels like a dick slapping us in the face week n week out.
We are so identical to the riaders. Crappy ownership with a knee jerk reaction to pulling the plug on coaches.
Mooch then Harbs. Just saying since eddie d lost the reigns the yorks have so fkd this team up.

I think this is the biggest point about this franchise right now. The Yorks turnover coaches so damn fast, and they just chased a wildly successful one out the door. To be completely honest, unless we get another painfully obvious good coach, it's going to be head scratcher after head scratcher. Harbaugh was the coach EVERY team wanted so it would be ridiculous to assume that the Yorks "found" or "discovered" the talent, though they must be credited for corralling him.

How long did it take belichek to win his first ring? Had to have been more than Harbs had. Kraft and belichek had their scrumishes, but at the end it was about winning. Maybe harbs saw jed as a joke and jed felt threatened. Its a shame that he couldnt have coached his contract out at least.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
What's with all the negativity?

3 games in and its all over red rover. (according to 70% of posters on here anyway) We'll bounce back and go on a record winning streak.

3 ways we can improve:

Defense
Offense
Special Teams

do that, and the Superbowls ours.
[ Edited by FAS33 on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:29 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At three games in, people are clearly already hitting the panic button, and why? Well, it's no secret that it's because of the severity of the last two losses. Two close losses wouldn't have garnered such a reaction, we know that. This team is in a major adjustment period, we know that as well. I expected growing pains, but didn't think they'd be this bad either. The good thing is, losing by 1 point instead of by 40 doesn't give you bonus points in the standings. We can correct the issues and as long as we find ways to win more games than we lose, we're OK.

The pundits will talk. Let them talk. The players with jaw. Let them jaw. The media will twist. Let 'em twist. It won't change anything.

All that matters is we find a way to adjust. Use what people think they know about us to our advantage. You can still be a running team with its own identity but be a team that is smart about the way it operates in those different facets of the game. We're supposed to be playing to players' strengths right now, but by my observation (and many others) it's not happening on defense. That does need to be corrected. On offense, it's been either A) Kaepernick is not doing his job, and/or B) The entire right side of the line and Marcus Martin in the middle faltering mightily. That has hurt us in both the pass and the running game.

JT is a rookie HC. He's adjusting also. We have no idea after three games if HE can rebound. It sucks, but it's a learning experience for him too. He hasn't been a HC since 10 years ago in NFL Europe. Some things I'm sure translate, but there's a lot I'm sure he's going figuring out as he acclimates to the new role. I am extremely impatient. I can't help it. But I'm not going to call for his firing if we have a bad season. I'm sorry, but that's extremely unreasonable considering ALL the circumstances collectively. The way we started the season in Week One means there is some hope.

I'm as distressed and as upset as everyone else. My blood has been boiling the past couple of weeks, but after the smoke clears and the blood pressure goes down later, I settle into at least some level of understanding and willingness to wait. I hope most fans would do the same.

They should, for now.

good post.

after losing Aldon I downgraded us to 8-8

despite the dumpster fire of the last 2 weeks I still see 8-8.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At three games in, people are clearly already hitting the panic button, and why? Well, it's no secret that it's because of the severity of the last two losses. Two close losses wouldn't have garnered such a reaction, we know that. This team is in a major adjustment period, we know that as well. I expected growing pains, but didn't think they'd be this bad either. The good thing is, losing by 1 point instead of by 40 doesn't give you bonus points in the standings. We can correct the issues and as long as we find ways to win more games than we lose, we're OK.

The pundits will talk. Let them talk. The players with jaw. Let them jaw. The media will twist. Let 'em twist. It won't change anything.

All that matters is we find a way to adjust. Use what people think they know about us to our advantage. You can still be a running team with its own identity but be a team that is smart about the way it operates in those different facets of the game. We're supposed to be playing to players' strengths right now, but by my observation (and many others) it's not happening on defense. That does need to be corrected. On offense, it's been either A) Kaepernick is not doing his job, and/or B) The entire right side of the line and Marcus Martin in the middle faltering mightily. That has hurt us in both the pass and the running game.

JT is a rookie HC. He's adjusting also. We have no idea after three games if HE can rebound. It sucks, but it's a learning experience for him too. He hasn't been a HC since 10 years ago in NFL Europe. Some things I'm sure translate, but there's a lot I'm sure he's going figuring out as he acclimates to the new role. I am extremely impatient. I can't help it. But I'm not going to call for his firing if we have a bad season. I'm sorry, but that's extremely unreasonable considering ALL the circumstances collectively. The way we started the season in Week One means there is some hope.

I'm as distressed and as upset as everyone else. My blood has been boiling the past couple of weeks, but after the smoke clears and the blood pressure goes down later, I settle into at least some level of understanding and willingness to wait. I hope most fans would do the same.

They should, for now.

good post.

after losing Aldon I downgraded us to 8-8

despite the dumpster fire of the last 2 weeks I still see 8-8.

I have just seen too many instances of a team that was getting pummeled multiple weeks suddenly get better with time. What comes to mind is the Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl last. You want to know what kind of games they had to end the season?

Well, let's take a look... After beating the Rams 34-10 (and looking kind of like us when we beat Minnesota 20-3), guess what their next two games looked like? This:

LOSS 35-14 at home to Minnesota in embarrassing fashion.
DESTROYED 47-7 against New England looking even worse.

Outscored 82-21 in those two games. (They also had a horrific loss earlier in the year, giving up 56 points to the Jets) but they turned it around. Some teams can. Can we? That's the question. It's possible, and that's why I'm saying it's way, way too early to be jumping to conclusions.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I guess being a Sharks fan makes one an eternal optimist. j/k
Share 49ersWebzone