LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Do Not Push the Big Red "Panic Button" ... Yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
If they get blown out again. . . Could become tempting

To say the season is lost is premature. Absolutely premature. It has looked beyond awful the past few games. But let's not ignore the fact that we beat a Minnesota team that is 2-1. Say we had beaten another team in week one, and we were playing Minnesota next week, many would be predicting disaster based on the last two games.

This team has pieces to be successful when/if things come together. I have no idea if or when that will happen this season, but I still have some hope left. For those who see a 4 win season on the horizon, well that's fine. With not getting your hopes up, at least you'd be pleasantly surprised if we did better.

But let's not act like 1-2 is an insurmountable hole. Like I said, the last two games were way worse than I ever imagined, but teams don't get bonus points if they lose close games, nor do they lose games in the standings for having horrific blowout losses. They just get trash talked more. But trash talk doesn't change the talent level of your team. Right now, BECAUSE this team is in an adjustment period, I don't expect the team to look this bad forever. At some point, things should improve -- at some point things have to improve.

It's tempting to say, "That's it. We're done." But deep down, I think most fans realize that's not something you know for sure this early, especially after considering all the circumstances and the way the crazy NFL works these days.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:37 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
To say the season is lost is premature. Absolutely premature. It has looked beyond awful the past few games. But let's not ignore the fact that we beat a Minnesota team that is 2-1. Say we had beaten another team in week one, and we were playing Minnesota next week, many would be predicting disaster based on the last two games.

This team has pieces to be successful when/if things come together. I have no idea if or when that will happen this season, but I still have some hope left. For those who see a 4 win season on the horizon, well that's fine. With not getting your hopes up, at least you'd be pleasantly surprised if we did better.

But let's not act like 1-2 is an insurmountable hole. Like I said, the last two games were way worse than I ever imagined, but teams don't get bonus points if they lose close games, nor do they lose games in the standings for having horrific blowout losses. They just get trash talked more. But trash talk doesn't change the talent level of your team. Right now, BECAUSE this team is in an adjustment period, I don't expect the team to look this bad forever. At some point, things should improve -- at some point things have to improve.
Improvement.
It's really all we can hope for. Just show SOMETHING encouraging. ANYTHING.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Rodgers is going to insert his big peepee into the 49ers proverbial cornhole.
And hey, if nothing else.. there's this to consider in the meantime just to avoid hitting the panic button (not to compare coaching calibers obviously):

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Interesting article notes that the last coach who lost back to back games as bad as tomsula was bill walsh in 1980, his first season.

I agree we can't go on losing by 40, but I also agree things need to play out more. Also, please tell him to stop analyzing game plan at pressers. Nobody wins there but our opponents next week.

His SECOND season.

After going 2-14 his first season.

BW would have never survived those two seasons going 8-24 in today's NFL.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
Rodgers is going to insert his big peepee into the 49ers proverbial cornhole.

I've heard many predictions about how this game is going to go, but you put it so succinctly.
We wait all year for the season to start so we can "figure things out" ? Which I know all teams do as the season goes on but I never felt like Jimmy T was capable of learning fast on the job.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
We wait all year for the season to start so we can "figure things out" ? Which I know all teams do as the season goes on but I never felt like Jimmy T was capable of learning fast on the job.

This is kind of what happens when you have a young team that is inexperienced. You are not sure how they will respond.
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Improvement.
It's really all we can hope for. Just show SOMETHING encouraging. ANYTHING.

Exactly! At least some progress in all areas. It's hard to imagine a win vs GB, but to at least make it a game, that's all we can ask for at this moment...

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Exactly! At least some progress in all areas. It's hard to imagine a win vs GB, but to at least make it a game, that's all we can ask for at this moment...

people have been predicting we would lose to green bay every time we have played them since that first game in 2011 when we finally started to beat them. should be used to it
Ain't no button to hit b/c we are stuck with this coach and this roster for now. Just gotta deal with it
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I pushed the Staples button but it said Interception.
Originally posted by SoCold:
I pushed the Staples button but it said Interception.

lol

I pushed the panic button when Tomsula was hired. I'm ready for the "You're Fired" button. Its just a matter of time.
How about the "Sim to next season" button?
Share 49ersWebzone