LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Views from Titletown - Pack Vs Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You know Rodgers will want to come in and shove it down our throats for 1) not drafting him #1, 2) beating him 4 times in a row and 3) playing in front of all his family.

The bloodbath is coming.
we are going 1-15 this season
Originally posted by Baldie:
They might as well just play the 2nd teamers. Give them some some playing time.
Maybe they will be like Arizona and work n some plays they don't have time for in practice.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by Baldie:
They might as well just play the 2nd teamers. Give them some some playing time.
Maybe they will be like Arizona and work n some plays they don't have time for in practice.

Or the ones that didn't work in practice, try them on us because they will probably work
Originally posted by respectfulpacker:
Morning err'body,

Since the last time my Pack got Kaeperspanked, the respective rosters have undergone makeovers and STILL the feeling is "cautiously optimistic", as opposed to "Yeah, the Niners are not the team they were" - reasons being

1) Kaeperstigma - Niners have pretty much owned the Packers with Kaepernick at the controls, seemingly running unabated like he was an Olympic sprinter past our hapless second and third levels. Every single fan I speak to still shivers at the prospect of Kaep taking off because...

2) Packer Defence - Is only marginally better than the last time our teams met - whilst the pass rush is remarkably improved, the run defence is still very suspect, owing to a soft middle, even with Matthews taking the majority of his snaps there. We are also a lot worse off health wise than ESPN would indicate, Pack' best safety is dinged up, whilst a few of the rotational guys on the line (Boyd, Jones) are likely out for quite a while.

3) Offence - Is not as all conquering as the last three games would indicate. Fact is, without Nelson, perhaps Davante Adams and a bum ankle lacy, this seemingly all conquering offence can be stopped with gap discipline, tight bump/run/press and most of all, a loud environment where the hard count is nullified.

All in all, I think the game will be a lot closer than people realise, and I for one won't even attempt to hazard a guess at the final score as it's truly entering an unknown territory.

Looking forward to the matchup (not really), should be a good game

Seriously though, I get your "cautious optimism" based on past history, but this is a vastly different and inferior 49ers team you're playing. We don't dominate the trenches anymore. We don't rush the passer like we once did. We don't play coverage like we used to. It's a team in major transition.

We're a better team than what we've shown the past 2 weeks, but the Packers are a clearly a better team in every facet of the game. Appreciate your level-headed post, but you guys should win this game.
Packers coaching staff will start watching film on the 49ers tomorrow and bust out laughing.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Packers coaching staff will start watching film on the 49ers tomorrow and bust out laughing.

this
  • zero
  • Veteran
The beating Aaron Rodgers is about to put on this team is going to be so indescribable that I may avoid all football Sunday and Monday, just to avoid the embarrassment.
Packers could rest Aaron and Eddie and still destroy us
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Sep 29, 2015 at 4:21 PM ]
27-20 SF

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Packers could rest Aaron and Eddie and still destroy us

can dissect Mangini's defense if need be.... They really should rest Rodgers...
Originally posted by amir_tn80:

America's funniest home film review
  • KP82
It's gonna be ugly
Hyde all day.
Sorry friend the 49ers will pwn the San Diego Packers or whatever there called
Share 49ersWebzone