There are 287 users in the forums

To My Faithful... it's necessary.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Zealot:
Pragmatism is poorly understood in the 'zone.

Yup. Do people in Australia freak out this badly over their rugby teams? lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Pragmatism is poorly understood in the 'zone.

Yup. Do people in Australia freak out this badly over their rugby teams? lol.

Nope. Not in my experience anyway.

That's what I thought. People get way too emotional over here. It is a frustrating sport to watch after a while.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That's what I thought. People get way too emotional over here. It is a frustrating sport to watch after a while.

From what I can tell Americans are way more concerned with the bottom line of winning over enjoying the ride. Not saying being blown out is fun - obviously not. But it seems even in good times we focus on what doesn't work over whether it was entertaining. Add to that Niner fans with their extremely high standards and you have a tense fanbase.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Remember in 1994 when we got smoked by the Eagles and Steve Young was benched then we won the super bowl!

Facts.

Last time Niners got beat by 40 points...2006

Last time Niners lost in back-to-back weeks by a total of 65+ points...1980

Facts.
Originally posted by captveg:
From what I can tell Americans are way more concerned with the bottom line of winning over enjoying the ride. Not saying being blown out is fun - obviously not. But it seems even in good times we focus on what doesn't work over whether it was entertaining. Add to that Niner fans with their extremely high standards and you have a tense fanbase.

Well said, I agree. I used to fall victim to that myself, not enjoying the game and just obsessing over the shortcomings. I didn't do that in other sports, just football for some reason.

I enjoyed the hell out of 2011-2013, definitely didn't take it for granted. Went by too fast, but at the same time, we could turn things around and rebuild just as fast. That's how the NFL goes.
Hey gotta look at the positives.. When you reach rock bottom the only way is up..It can only get better from here on out. I don't know much about the NFL but I have seen NRL teams "actually a team in the final this year" Go from getting completely destroyed in the first game or 2 and then coming back a contender for the final. Lots of football to be played yet. At worst they build up for a better showing next year.
Originally posted by growlzee:
Hey gotta look at the positives.. When you reach rock bottom the only way is up..It can only get better from here on out. I don't know much about the NFL but I have seen NRL teams "actually a team in the final this year" Go from getting completely destroyed in the first game or 2 and then coming back a contender for the final. Lots of football to be played yet. At worst they build up for a better showing next year.

Yeah, what about the Sharks? Wooden spooners (that means they came last and were the "whipping boys" of the NRL) last year and made the finals this year. Turnarounds do happen and even if they don't, that's life. Fans hang tough with their team.
[ Edited by Zealot on Sep 28, 2015 at 7:59 PM ]
Yeah, what about the Sharks? Wooden spooners (that means they came last and we're the "whipping boys of the comp) last year and made the finals this year. Turnarounds do happen and even if they don't, that's life. Fans hang tough with their team.

Thats right !
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Remember in 1994 when we got smoked by the Eagles and Steve Young was benched then we won the super bowl!

Facts.

1994 had better team talent.
1994 had better coaching.
The eagles loss was due to most of the OL was out injured for that game.
Facts.

Share 49ersWebzone