LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Let's Be Real Here

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Agree with this post. Jed can make ballsy moves like firing Harbaugh. He is capable of doing it. Let's just hope he is capable of doing it again.
I have to think that Jed York a man my age who grew up in this organization would be just like any fan. Want his team to win. I've lost hope in this thought in past year however he still can do what's right. He can be a savior to this franchise or he can be the one who dooms it. Jed you will always be rich don't be the guy who just wants to get richer. Be a savior for a proud 49ers Faithful. Spend wisely build this team with the help of a respected Coach. You won't be remembered as a rich and wealthy person. To the millions of fans you will be remembered as the guy who destroyed a once powerful, respected,and loved franchise.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I have to think that Jed York a man my age who grew up in this organization would be just like any fan. Want his team to win. I've lost hope in this thought in past year however he still can do what's right. He can be a savior to this franchise or he can be the one who dooms it. Jed you will always be rich don't be the guy who just wants to get richer. Be a savior for a proud 49ers Faithful. Spend wisely build this team with the help of a respected Coach. You won't be remembered as a rich and wealthy person. To the millions of fans you will be remembered as the guy who destroyed a once powerful, respected,and loved franchise.

his tiny giraffe will help him forget all that.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL. This board. 49er fans. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I know some of you sit around each week hoping something negative you predicted would happen, happens, just so you can say i told you so, but...

Lets be real here...

We lose to two potential SB teams, in back to back road games, and all of a sudden its blow the entire team and FO up? I get that its the way we lost, but we are going into week 4. We are a young team that had probably the worst off season any team has ever had in professional sports.

Week 1 we beat the Vikings, and probably 98% of the board was hanging from the Team and FO collective jock straps. Posts about good riddance Harbs, Kap looks like Steve Young, Mangini is a genious, Tomsula is a great leader of men, etc. etc. You were all firmly on the bandwagon after week one.

Week 2 was a team loss(mostly secondary) to probably the best overall team in the NFL(NE is the only team that can be argued to be better IMO) prior to Rothlisburger getting injured.

Week 3 our QB spotted the BEST team in the NFC 14 points on our first two drives to start the game. You expected a good competitive game after that?

How about we give a bit more time before we check out? It will potentially save a lot of crows.

Good post. As you said, it's a young team in full transition mode. There will be wild inconsistencies week-to-week. Best to let all 16 games play out, and see where the team is at when all is said and done.

In the meantime tho, some changes have to be made by the coaching staff. Can't stay status quo when you get pummeled like we have the past 2 weeks.

This
people always want an Aaron Rodgers and forget he sat behind Favre for 4 years...he developed in the background.

If we do dump Kaep and start Gabbert next year...then you're basically already committed to next year being another crappy year for this team.
There are no guarantees in this league. If we draft someone we assume will be a good QB, what if they bust too? Its hard to hit on talent no matter where you draft them. You never know when the cream is going to rise to the top.

If Kaep played like this with a simplified offense...then bring back the complicated offense cuz at least then, he's serviceable.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I agree. Tomsula is over is head. He won't be the head coach after this year and Kaepernick will be gone too. And let's be real here even more: I honestly think that the "coaching search" was a complete charade and it was all part of their cost cutting strategy to let coaches like Fangio go. Tomsula was set up to fail and be the fall guy. I doubt Jed York will tweet an apology this time about how bad this team is. And when are going to hear from Balke's daughter about Geep Chryst.

Yes, let's be real here: the Packers are coming to town for a feast extravaganza. Right now, I am wondering at what point in the game, the loud echos of boos will be cascading down from the crowd,

I brought it up that Kap had 2 years tops to improve, or else he was cut, I meant it, and I think now if he continues this path he won't make it to 2016, he will be cut in February or March next year.
You might be right AB,it`s not looking good for Kap,it`s like he does not have Natural Pocket-passer instincts,something you can`t teach,after watching him throw the ball DIReCTLY at the Db`s against the Cards,I was like He is clueless of where to go with the ball, He does not see the WHOLE field at all and if He can`t see the whole field,then no matter how much you dummy-down the playbook it will never work and this team will be one-diminsional ,in other words easy to beat and beat badly especially with Mangini as our DC
Well, I'm off to the NFL Draft forum to see what kind of QB prospects are coming down the pike.

Well said
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
You might be right AB,it`s not looking good for Kap,it`s like he does not have Natural Pocket-passer instincts,something you can`t teach,after watching him throw the ball DIReCTLY at the Db`s against the Cards,I was like He is clueless of where to go with the ball, He does not see the WHOLE field at all and if He can`t see the whole field,then no matter how much you dummy-down the playbook it will never work and this team will be one-diminsional ,in other words easy to beat and beat badly especially with Mangini as our DC

Yea you right it's bad I mean come on back to back 40 +Points given up to steelers Cardinals now next is Aaron Rogers

I dont think Kap is the main problem. He's plenty capable with the right supporting cast and very dangerous with the right talent around him. He's proven that many times over.

The problem is we got away from our bread and butter (whether choice or circumstance).

Unless you have a truly elite QB, the formula for success is very basic:

1. Draft or aquire top tier talent at the Oline.- its ok to find a diamond in the rough here and there, ala Boone, but dont roll the dice or go cheap here. The Online is the single most important offensive unit in my opinion.

2. Draft or aquire top tier talent on the defensive line (Including 3-4, OLBs) - Stoping the run is important, but if you cant put any kind of pressure on an NFL QB, you'll end up toast. It wouldn't matter if we had a backfield of Deon Sander clones in his prime. Unlike some, I'm not sold on our Dlines ability. I think Dial and Wiallams are serviceable, but nothing to write home about. We are clearly seeing just how special Justin and Ray Mac were as players. Hopefully, AA can be that in time, but its asking alot.

3. Aquire a workhorse running back - Check

I've always been of the opinion that skill players, excluding RB, are way over valued in the NFL.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
his tiny giraffe will help him forget all that.

If I were a billionaire, I'd rather have a tiny elephant.
Originally posted by Iupati77:
I am going on 40 years old and have been a 49er fan all of my life. I truly miss the days of Joe and Steve when our quarterback dropped back you had a rush of confidence that a big play or smart play was in the works. A few years back when we beat the Falcons to go back to the Super Bowl for the first time in what seemed like eternity, I wept like a little boys that I may be experiencing another Super Bowl win and my first with my two boys.

Flash forward to today and we need to get real. When you have a quarterback who has now been in the league 4-5 years and you are praying that his work in the off season with a Hall of Famer finally helps his development, when there really has not been any consistent development at all, it scares you. I hate to do it, but look at guy like Rogers. When his team is depleted of talent or hurt due to injury, he steps up even more to guide his franchise. He brings the old Joe and Steve confidence. When Kaepernick drops back, I cross my fingers that he doesn't give it away.

Add to this, the unfortunate losses we have had this past offseason, and the next to nothing we have gotten out of our 2012, 2013, 2014 drafts, and the pit in my stomach gets bigger and bigger. I am frustrated watching teams draft talented players who make an impact right away, like the Seahawks do. I am tired of drafting for two or three years down the road. Draft for NOW! Draft so you talent is oozing and people are fighting to get on the field. Drafting for two or three years down the road does nothing when you are trying to win now. Drafting this way does not put a sense of urgency or an ounce of confidence into your fan base.

I like Tomsula, I really do. But, he is a position coach, not head coach material. Does he think by saying that it is all on him, that we are supposed to say ok. No problem. Yes, it is on him, but it is on Baalke too, as well as the players on the field. I want an offensive line that dominates. I want a quarterback that does what a well versed QB does. With this, we can overcompensate for a team that has lost so much talent on D. But instead, we hold our breathe on a QB that has not developed one bit. He has all of the athleticism, but doesn't have it between the ears.

Jed, I was so proud of you when you hired Harbaugh. Finally we had a name and presence. However, I do agree it was time to move on from him (didn't like the way you handled it). We have become a laughing stock. A team with our history (your family history with Eddie) should not become a laughing stock.

So, let's get real. Cut Kaepernick loose after this year or trade him. Use the money to sign a talented o-line and shutdown corner. Draft a real QB, let Gabbert play to give year of development to the new QB, and draft Defense. Fire Tomsula and staff at year end and bring in someone with a presence (Like and Ariens).

Please Jed, put your ego aside. Move on from Tomsula, Kaepernick, and Baalke. Blow it up now. Use your cap resources, bring in the presence, and please give my kids the chance to experience a winner like I did as a kid and you did as a kid.

You nailed it on the money well said agree 100%

Jed York Got to come to his senses asap!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Agree with this post. Jed can make ballsy moves like firing Harbaugh. He is capable of doing it. Let's just hope he is capable of doing it again.

Hopefully
Share 49ersWebzone