There are 241 users in the forums

Is it time for a regime change?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time for a regime change?

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by captveg:
Bill Walsh started 0-7

Just saying - if DeBartolo had fired him after his first two losses it would have been just as absurd.

Tomsula could end up being a mediocre or bad coach. Three games total and two bad losses is waaaaaaaaay too early to make a change no matter how he turns out.

That's not even close to being a legit comparison. Bill Walsh had all kinds of relevant coaching and coordinating experience. He was considered a great mind in the coaching ranks.

Did someone just compare JT to Walsh?

Pretty sure there won't be a football life episode about JT

If this franchise is dumb enough to give him 2 full years (which wouldn't shock me TBH), NFL network might do a Football Life about him.....as the Rich Kotite of this century.
Originally posted by mr_P:
why werent you posting this after week 1?

fickle fans suck.

Exactly!

Therefore this trash!
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Bill Walsh started 0-7

Just saying - if DeBartolo had fired him after his first two losses it would have been just as absurd.

Tomsula could end up being a mediocre or bad coach. Three games total and two bad losses is waaaaaaaaay too early to make a change no matter how he turns out.

That's not even close to being a legit comparison. Bill Walsh had all kinds of relevant coaching and coordinating experience. He was considered a great mind in the coaching ranks.

If this franchise is dumb enough to give him 2 full years (which wouldn't shock me TBH), NFL network might do a Football Life about him.....as the Rich Kotite of this century.

Jed is that stupid and his mom is that stupid Bc we know she kept his dad in charge for about a decade
Originally posted by kray28:
You can't change coaches mid-season and possibly hope to win. This powder keg is about blow up in Jed's face. He might want to make himself scarce because the media are sharpening their knives as I speak. The Cohns and Kawakami are gonna have a field day at Jed and Trent's expense.

They deserve to be exposed for their incompetence, arrogance and pure ignorance.
Bill Walsh started 0-7

You're comparing won/loss records which is like comparing apples to oranges. Walsh inherited far less talent and his teams always looked promising. He was the best 0-7 coach the team ever hired. Those offenses were innovative and exciting to watch, even though most of our future stars hadn't been drafted yet.

I don't think you could use the adjectives of "innovating" or "exciting" with today's offensive performance. I think "offensive" and "putrid" works better,

I am NOT advocating that we pull the plug after three games. That would just be stupid. But it's clear after three games that something ain't quite right. But firing Tomsula isn't the answer because you're essentially giving up after just three games. There's nobody out there prowling the sidelines who can do any better at this particular moment.

Two games is just that. Two games. I just don't have a very good feeling about this.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Baalke is a Top 5 GM.

Maybe -- but jays has a point about the 2011 and 2012 draft classes. Those guys should be contributing right now. I realize that Baalke was hamstrung because both years the 49ers picked so late in the draft, but we still should have had some better results. That's squarely on Baalke's shoulders.

The team that went to 3 straight NFCCG's was built mainly by boozy McCloughan. Now that most of them are gone, we are seeing what Baalke has built. Unimpressive.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm not saying we need to start firing folks today buuuut this off season could see some major changes if we don't at least put a competent product on the field..

Even then, I don't see Tomsula going anywhere. There could be changes at both coordinator spots, no doubt there.
Originally posted by mr_P:
why werent you posting this after week 1?

fickle fans suck.

Not fickle I did not by any means buy into the week one hype.. go back and check my postings on the game day thread.. it was an UGLY game but the defense was impressive.. after these past two games we are severely lacking talent and coaching.. I'm not saying we need to change coaches and gm tomorrow but after this season everyone needs to be up for review..
1-2. Same as sea. Not a good start to the season, but we all knew this was coming.
Baalke is a Top 5 GM.

His hand picked talent has Ben pure garbage so far. His DBs and linemen make me want to puke. And don't even get me started about his coaching staff. He's a joke just like Jed.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Baalke is a Top 5 GM.

His hand picked talent has Ben pure garbage so far. His DBs and linemen make me want to puke. And don't even get me started about his coaching staff. He's a joke just like Jed.

The notion that Balke is a top 5 GM is one of the more outrageous webzone myths. By any objective criterion, like future starters per draft, he is in the bottom 1/3 of GM's. McCloughan drafted the team that Harbaugh took to the playoffs 3 times. Then he went to Seattle and contributed to great drafts.

Among other mistakes, Balke let Cox and Culliver go. We could have used even just one of them today!

I'm just saying overreactions are asinine.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 27, 2015 at 6:38 PM ]
This org is clueless. I aint buying s**t from them until they sell!

No, I didn't make that comparison. The point was that overreacting is stupid. I was using BW's early record as an example of not relying on emotional reactions to small sample sizes.

Sorry if that was too difficult for you to comprehend.

I'm just saying overreactions are asinine.

Meh. I've felt this way for awhile. This is what i expected to happen. So I guess i'm ready to move on already before others.
Share 49ersWebzone