LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

RB rotations week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If hayne plays rb and is injured who is going to be pr and hopefully kr aswell next week.... maybe once ellington is back maybe he can have a go at rb .... end of story
If Hayne plays just as a PR / KR and is injured who will be the RB back up to Hyde?

If your rotating out Hyde when he is not working as the RB for a clone (Davis) with a similar run style you could not expect much change to these stats

RB M. davis stats
7 for 14 yards game 2
7 for 6 yards game 3

Hayne is wasted on the 49ers as just as a PR.

Maybe its time for the coaches to make some plays designed around Haynes unique abilities. He is not just a standard RB that gets pads low and barrels up the middle, though he has the size. I don't get the coaches ATM not using a talents point of difference to change up the reserve RB role behind Hyde.
Originally posted by Seachan:
If Hayne plays just as a PR / KR and is injured who will be the RB back up to Hyde?

If your rotating out Hyde when he is not working as the RB for a clone (Davis) with a similar run style you could not expect much change to these stats

RB M. davis stats
7 for 14 yards game 2
7 for 6 yards game 3

Maybe its time for the coaches to make some plays designed around Haynes unique abilities. He is not just a standard RB that gets pads low and barrels up the middle, though he has the size. I don't get the coaches ATM not using a talents point of difference to change up the reserve RB role behind Hyde.

Sounds like you clearly know your stuff. You know what you should head on over to the Niners facility in Santa Clara and apply for the head coach position. Maybe then you can have Hayne as the starting RB/KR/QB/WR/TE/ILB/DE/OLB/CB

EZ, you Aussies are a persistent bunch
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Sep 27, 2015 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Fantastic job on this team, because of how bad they have been on ST the past few seasons & how bad all the other guys on the current roster look, but overall nothing special... (Put it this way, lucky for Hayne he is on this team)

Just because he's listed at RB, doesn't mean they are going to use him, it's that simple... Why do you struggle with that? Write a letter to Jimmy T pleading your case for his inclusion, to me it's obvious, they see Hayne as not ready yet (If ever) at RB... So the don't use him there or have any plans of using him...

No skin off my nose, the coaches are the people who are around him most & have the best knowledge of whether he is ready or not…

They'll put him in when they put him in…

You could easily flip that and say lucky the 9ers have Hayne, because his run put the team in position to make the only score they did all day. The other returners on the team aren't in a position to say that. Also, despite it being a decent play, Hayne still wasn't happy with it and said so in post match comments. That's the kind of attitude you want from a player, no matter how well they go, never being satisfied and wanting to perfect things. That's the mentality that takes sports people to the top of their game. Not a guarantee of success, but without it you're going nowhere.

I agree with the second part. They'll play him when they play him. I'm not bellyaching about his game reps, or lack of. It's natural for people who like Hayne to want to see him in action and it's not just Aussies asking for that.
[ Edited by Zealot on Sep 27, 2015 at 8:09 PM ]
  • Marty
  • Veteran
In any team sport, if the game's not going your way, you try every option available to you to change things up, give the opponent a different look, challenge them in another way. The coaches who don't do that will always draw criticism and rightly so.
Originally posted by Zealot:
You could easily flip that and say lucky the 9ers have Hayne, because his run put the team in position to make the only score they did all day. The other returners on the team aren't in a position to say that.

I agree with the second part. They'll play him when they play him. I'm not bellyaching about his game reps, or lack of. It's natural for people who like Hayne to want to see him in action and it's not just Aussies asking for that.

See its posts like these that turn some Niners fans off from Hayne and Aussies, because you make it seem as if Hayne is bigger than the team.

Tbh his play was good, but we still lost, that's the difference between you Aussies and us Niners fans, you guys are happy and drunk off the fact that Hayne made a nice return, unlike us sure it was a nice return that put Kap in scoring position but we still lost by 40 fvcking points, so were sad and demoralized.

EDIT: This thread needs to be closed because its clearly just another Hayne thread o
Iin disguise lol
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Sep 27, 2015 at 8:10 PM ]
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Sounds like you clearly know your stuff. You know what you should head on over to the Niners facility in Santa Clara and apply for the head coach position. Maybe then you can have Hayne as the starting RB/KR/QB/WR/TE/ILB/DE/OLB/CB

EZ, you Aussies are a persistent bunch

He is in the team first as RB and also as PR, did I state anywhere that he should be anything else but these positions. again stop diverting away from the thread and away from topic, its not about Hayne!

When the game is a blow out and its over at half time and the 4th quarter... At what point would you as a coach consider that is not working out as planned and maybe just maybe we give the pill to the next guy on the depth chart?

I want the 49ers to succeed as much as you. I would pass on the prejudice against Hayne though bro. Just look at the stats.

We have been flogged in the last two games.........the backup RB stats are:7 for 14 yards game 2 7 for 6 yards game 3

You seem though to be mad at Hayne

RB M. davis stats
7 for 14 yards game 2
7 for 6 yards game 3

Its week 3!!!!!relax he will have a crack as i said if they chuck him in as rb at the moment with ellington out injured they have no pr/kr depth besides white which is looking increasingly looking at being benched for hayne to have kr duties next week.... team sport remember .... mike davis needs to be there he needs the reps...m if hyde gets injured then what???? I might not understand this game much but i think its right descision coming from a parramatta fan all my life still got my 1985 hardie jersey from when i was 5yrs old and huge hayne fan
See its posts like these that turn some Niners fans off from Hayne and Aussies, because you make it seem as if Hayne is bigger than the team.

Tbh his play was good, but we still lost, that's the difference between you Aussies and us Niners fans, you guys are happy and drunk off the fact that Hayne made a nice return, unlike us sure it was a nice return that put Kap in scoring portion but we still lost by 40 fvcking points, so were sad and demoralized.

EDIT: This thread needs to be closed because its clearly just another Hayne thread on disguise lol

I really don't see how my post could make anyone think I believe Hayne is bigger than the game. All I did was point out the fact that his carry helped the team score. Can't see much wrong with that. I did go on to say I'm not complaining about how often he's getting into the game.

Some of us may care about Hayne more than the team, but come on, under the circumstances, you can't expect much different. I wish you could've seen my reaction after every intercept and penalty the Niners committed today, then you wouldn't question at least my desire to see the TEAM succeed, not just Hayne.

Anyway, I'm not going to contribute further to something that may devolve into another s**t slinging match, which I never thought it was anyway. Cheers to you mate, hope the TEAM plays a lot better next week.
[ Edited by Zealot on Sep 27, 2015 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Marty:
In any team sport, if the game's not going your way, you try every option available to you to change things up, give the opponent a different look, challenge them in another way. The coaches who don't do that will always draw criticism and rightly so.

+1 above

I just feel the coach in leaving the RB depth chart at just Davis in games 2-3 has let the team down.

It was obvious to most reasonable eyes watching the games that the change up on the RB was not working. so why not indeed throw Hayne a bone with some reps?

+1 above

I just feel the coach in leaving the RB depth chart at just Davis in games 2-3 has let the team down.

It was obvious to most reasonable eyes watching the games that the change up on the RB was not working. so why not indeed throw Hayne a bone with some reps?

Your questions have been answered at least 20 times in multiple threads.
He is in the team first as RB and also as PR, did I state anywhere that he should be anything else but these positions. again stop diverting away from the thread and away from topic, its not about Hayne!

When the game is a blow out and its over at half time and the 4th quarter... At what point would you as a coach consider that is not working out as planned and maybe just maybe we give the pill to the next guy on the depth chart?

I want the 49ers to succeed as much as you. I would pass on the prejudice against Hayne though bro. Just look at the stats.

We have been flogged in the last two games.........the backup RB stats are:7 for 14 yards game 2 7 for 6 yards game 3

You seem though to be mad at Hayne

Mad at hayne, check the Hayne thread I was one of the first posters after his run to post in excitement that he FINALLY showed some promise, now its up to him to stay consistent.

Also please use some common sense, if Hayne is soooo good at rb as you say he should be lighting it up in practice everyday of the week right? Well he obviously isn't lighting it up because if he was he would actually see some playing time as RB, and be included in the game plan.

But he's not in the gameplan, why is that? Ask yourself that.

Eventually I do think he will start showing progress during practice to warrant more playing time at RB.
Originally posted by Stikro:
Your questions have been answered at least 20 times in multiple threads.

I don't see any discussion on the boards around RB depth usage over the last tow games..
Just look at the stats.

You have posted the same whinge in at least 3 threads now, and arguing the point around in circles is the exact same thing that was happening in the original Hayne thread which the mods torpedoed. What we say here isnt gonna change what they do with Hayne 1 iota. Get over it
[ Edited by agumby on Sep 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM ]
Mad at hayne, check the Hayne thread I was one of the first posters after his run to post in excitement that he FINALLY showed some promise, now its up to him to stay consistent.

Also please use some common sense, if Hayne is soooo good at rb as you say he should be lighting it up in practice everyday of the week right? Well he obviously isn't lighting it up because if he was he would actually see some playing time as RB, and be included in the game plan.

But he's not in the gameplan, why is that? Ask yourself that.

Eventually I do think he will start showing progress during practice to warrant more playing time at RB.

Exactly. Not to mention playing RB requires good playbook knowledge which takes time. Hayne himself has said that during the offseason he found the playbook so tough that he'd take notes out to practice with him.
Share 49ersWebzone