LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Should Kap still be the 9ers franchise QB going forward?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Kap still be the 9ers franchise QB going forward?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
for now, yes. but at the moment, he feels zero pressure. No fear of losing his job. Tomsula missed out on a great opportunity today. Should've benched his ass for the entire second half. Guarantee you Gabbert would've come in and put together a few decent drives. Just enough to get kap thinking and maybe light a fire under his ass. BUt no, our coaches are too f**king retarded.

Yeah, he should have been pulled after the 2nd pick 6. He scored more for the Cards than Cards scored for themselves at that point.
Yes
NO way San Jose. Either trade for a stop gap this year (Cutler) or Tank the year for the Draft with hopefully new regime GM/Coaches. /system.
  • Ike49
Going forward like maybe the next 2-3 games, but if this dude doesn't man up and learn how to find the open WR and get the ball to the WRs that can make plays and bring wins to the team, dude has to be shown the door. He's had plenty of time to figure out how to make the correct reads, find openings in defenses and develop chemistry with his weapons, dude just can't seem to do it.

We should have 2 Superbowls in the bank right now under his command but instead we are back in the gutter, time to move on.
For now, yes he should. He's better than what we saw today, no question, and we have no one better anyway.

I'm all for drafting Goff next year though.
Yes. But you draft solid competition this year.

As much as Kap sucks sometimes, it's going to be incredibly difficult to just find someone better. We're still better off shoring up talent around him than trying to draft a QB in the first round and think he'll magically be a franchise.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
NO way San Jose. Either trade for a stop gap this year (Cutler) or Tank the year for the Draft with hopefully new regime GM/Coaches. /system.

Yeah trade for Cutler since he's such an efficient qb
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
for now, yes. but at the moment, he feels zero pressure. No fear of losing his job. Tomsula missed out on a great opportunity today. Should've benched his ass for the entire second half. Guarantee you Gabbert would've come in and put together a few decent drives. Just enough to get kap thinking and maybe light a fire under his ass. BUt no, our coaches are too f**king retarded.

Yeah, he should have been pulled after the 2nd pick 6. He scored more for the Cards than Cards scored for themselves at that point.

Are you sure about this? Remember his contract is laden with performance triggers. 49er's can drop his ass after this season and his contract too.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah trade for Cutler since he's such an efficient qb

No Cutler is awful also but he is better then Kap. Just for this year then next year draft a QB and use Cutler next year.
Hope he gets a shot to be one for the next 2 years. I do not want to draft a rookie QB and force him to play behind our s**tty offensive line with only one real weapon in the passing game (Smith). We've got holes all over our team on both sides of the ball and drafting a new QB won't change this. I hope we end up with Nkemdiche, Bosa, Tunsil, or Stanley, but if they're all gone and Baalke likes Goff, I wouldn't hate that pick.

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
At the very least, you would have to give it some consideration. We didn't get beat today, we got embarrassed. BADLY...and he had a lot to do wth it.

Aside from one interception were he flat out underthrew it, the rest were off his back foot on the run due to the oline crashing. Yes today's blame falls %100 on Kap I feel that he knew what the correct throws were like to throw the ball out or take the sack. But he knew the cards were gonna score non stop so he went for broke on all those interception.

CSN just had some statistics pulled up of Kaps worst games ever and 3 of them being in 2013, and one in 2014. So its not like he's consistently throwing int's. Even in today's Cardinal game they brought up a statistic with Kap only throwing ONE int against the Cards in 160+ attempts.

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is that Kap tried to go for broke and his gamble didn't pay off.
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Sep 27, 2015 at 5:15 PM ]

And you wanna give Baalke crap for his GM skills

I'll say let it ride, bring in some competition at QB next year. There are no better, immediate impact options, draft or FA. Sink or swim with Kap for the forseeable future..
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Absolutely
Not

He should be gone
We should try gabber if kap extends his qbr streak of less than 30.
Originally posted by swoosh6996:

And you wanna give Baalke crap for his GM skills

I'll say let it ride, bring in some competition at QB next year. There are no better, immediate impact options, draft or FA. Sink or swim with Kap for the forseeable future..

No way is Cutler near as bad as Kap is. Get real.
Share 49ersWebzone