There are 219 users in the forums

Should Kap still be the 9ers franchise QB going forward?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Kap still be the 9ers franchise QB going forward?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
I have said it all along after the 2013 season we should have drafted another QB.
This is his make or break year imo
Yes.
probably his last season to prove his worth
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Yes. who else we got?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
This is his make or break year imo

Make-or-break should have been last year before we gave him that big contract.
At the very least, you would have to give it some consideration. We didn't get beat today, we got embarrassed. BADLY...and he had a lot to do wth it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yes. He needs to remain the starter the rest of the season. If there are no signs of improvement following this season, we should start looking for a replacement in the draft.
[ Edited by jrg on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:57 PM ]
No, it's time to move on, he is what he is
Yes. He had a terrible game. Still 13 games this season. If the other 13 are closer or better to the first 2 I don't see him as the primary problem whatsoever.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:57 PM ]

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
for now, yes. but at the moment, he feels zero pressure. No fear of losing his job. Tomsula missed out on a great opportunity today. Should've benched his ass for the entire second half. Guarantee you Gabbert would've come in and put together a few decent drives. Just enough to get kap thinking and maybe light a fire under his ass. BUt no, our coaches are too f**king retarded.
the fact that this is even a thread speaks volumes.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:
Yes. who else we got?

Until we draft a legit QB.
I really don't wanna draft another QB, young QBs hardly ever have success in this league - best QBs are Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, Manning, Palmer, Brees, etc. all 30+

Kap has 13 more games this yr to make his case, let's just wait and see what he does, but if this is it, I'd rather try to trade/sign for a vet
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
for now, yes. but at the moment, he feels zero pressure. No fear of losing his job. Tomsula missed out on a great opportunity today. Should've benched his ass for the entire second half. Guarantee you Gabbert would've come in and put together a few decent drives. Just enough to get kap thinking and maybe light a fire under his ass. BUt no, our coaches are too f**king retarded.

if they called the game the same exact way they did for kap im willing to be we'd be looking for a replacement backup qb and gabbert would have gotten seriously hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone