LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Game #3: The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good: I stopped watching after they stopped trying in the early 3rd.
Hayne got a chance to rumble around.
Hyde looked good.
Defense looks passable when they aren't confused.

Bad: The defense looks confused.
Coaches apparently didn't learn much from last week.
Coaches apparently didn't have a contingency plan either.

Ugly: OL looks rough
Goes without saying, Kaep was rough
I thought I was wrong after week 1, but I hope Mangenius doesn't become the Greg Roman of defense.

I think Tomsula did some nice things in the offseason, but the game planning and management has been rough. I would have hoped that he learned those things from last year.

If Kaep and the OL are going to potato, just boil it down to three plays: hand off to Hyde, VD/Torrey go deep and make space, run Kaep run.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by KegBert:
This entire team looks terrible. Letting Harbaugh go was a mistake.

nope.everything that happened after harbaugh was let go was a mistake.

Disagree, about letting Harbs go but I agree that there where plenty of mistakes and bad luck that followed that decision as well. I know we lost a lot of people this year but we where hit pretty damn hard with injuries last year and still had a competitive team. Jimmy T seems like a great guy and was an amazing D line coach, don't believe he is HC material though.
Armstead showed some promise! Love the way he collapses the pocket.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Armstead showed some promise! Love the way he collapses the pocket.

In a game that was very hard to find any positives in AA was a bit of a bright spot, there where a couple times I saw him stand up his guy and disengage effectively. He's got the physical tools, just needs to keep learning and working.
Originally posted by KegBert:
In a game that was very hard to find any positives in AA was a bit of a bright spot, there where a couple times I saw him stand up his guy and disengage effectively. He's got the physical tools, just needs to keep learning and working.

Might as well give him more and more snaps. Dorsey and Dial have actually done a solid job in stuffing the run but have brought nothing as far as pressuring the QB. Considering how many teams are throwing on early downs, it might be wise to give Armstead and Carradine more looks.
This is the truth my friends,49ers will play tough all home games but get spanked most road games,when playing on the road just make sure you have extra beer and drugs handy to overcome the spanking.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Bowman may not be the same part because Patrick isn't back there with him. They fed off each other, which made them a great duo. Don't have that now.

naw. he doesn't move the same. understandable.
Yep just watch him run I know they say it takes a season to fully get back but he looks so very slow and speed was his weapon. He just looks so very slow it really hurts to watch knowing how good he was.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Good: nothing
Bad: nothing
Ugly: everything

succinct and accurate
wtf is this

watered down version of marvin's recap lol
good: i worked during the game
ugly: i work in the team store during the game and didn't watch it
very ugly: kaepernick

Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
This was worse than the Raiders game last year. Last time a game felt like this was watching Cody Pickett rodeo around.

I'm worried about Bowman.

It was nice to see Hayne get a spark.

The oline is pitiful.

WTF Kap. I joked around about making it Blaine, but I still think Kap can be a top 15 QB with a decent line.

I still can't believe we promoted Geep.

He's still living large off that Vernon post call against New Orleans 4 years ago. That was the only positive the media could come up with when he was hired. Certainly seemed to overshadow his San Diego performance
Originally posted by BirdGang:
I do like Hyde. Looks like a young Gore.

Kaep is digressing big time. No confidence at all. Even his biceps look smaller.

And what's with your coach sweating on the sideline in an airconditioned stadium. He looks like a guy about to die soon.

I believe it's known as career suicide.Worse part is when they can him we lose a great d-line coach
The Good Hyde

The Bad & The Ugly combined the rest of the team including the coaching staff, the waterboys, the dudes that follow the coaches with their headset cables N who ever else that roams the Niners sidelines.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The Good? We somehow crushed the Vikings? #1 pick in the draft?

The bad? Coaches learned nothing from last game.

The ugly? It was so ugly Bowman got a 15 yard penalty for trying to recover a fumble.

I was bewildered by this. I saw it but couldn't hear commentary as I had to have the TV turned down. Can someone tell wtf that penalty was for???
Good - really tough to find anything good today. Armstead played like a 3rd round pick out there? The punter? Haynes one good return? Hyde's willingness to plunge into a wall of Cardinals defenders on every run?

Bad - I'm not sure what constitutes bad over ugly with today's performance. Bad but not totally awful include Kenneth Acker, Bowman.

Ugly
- The worst game I've ever seen Kaepernick play, and he's had his share of stinkers. At this point, the team should reconsider that contract and consider a plan to start scouting some college QBs.

- I'm not sure what the 49ers do with the 1st round pick next season. Defense? Offense? Really, this is a question because both sides of the ball are so bleeping bad.

- defensive line play. Baalke has supposedly been preparing for a rainy day with defensive line picks. Well it's raining and his picks aren't producing, which leads me to.

- Baalke. This was his design from the ousting of Harbaugh, to coach selection to years of wasted picks. Is the magic gone?

- Pears/Devey/Martin. I'm not sure which to highlight as that whole right side is terrible. Even we really can't try out someone else in those positions, how bad are those players?

- defensive scheming. If something doesn't change in a hurry, Mangini is going to be out of a job soon.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 27, 2015 at 9:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone