LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Week 5 Game vs Tampa Bay...Another stepping stone or Deja Vu vs Atlanta 2009 Week 5

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We are 3-1. Headed home for a big game. We will be playing a very solid Tampa Bay team. This will be a good test. Can we take the next step and get to 4-1 or will it be deja vu from 2009 Week 5 at home vs Atlanta when we took a major step back and never recovered?

You gotta think this team is headed in the right direction. Harbaugh and his very good staff are making this team better. I think the 2009 team peaked under Singletary early and he did have the capability or staff to make adjustments or keep making the team better.

Really fired up about this team. I hope we open up throwing the football which will open up the run. I think we really found something with Kendall Hunter and Frank Gore sharing time. It is clear the O-Line is better when Snyder is the starting RG. Crabtree and Morgan stepped up. It's clear Bruce Miller>>> Moran Norris. Love Soaps as the short yardage FB. Getting Braylon Edwards back after the bye will be a nice boost. I still maintain he will be a factor this year and we will need him.

The Defense is a playoff defense. NaVorro Bowman is playing as well as any LB in the NFL. Willis is still a stud. Aldon Smith had his breakout game yesterday. Ray Mac, Justin Smith and Carlos Rogers are playing near pro bowl level. Dashon Goldson has earned my respect the last 2 games after not having him the first two games.

Excited about this team. Could be it 2001 all over again where we came from nowhere to go 12-4? Maybe not 12-4, but I can see us winning at least 8 or 9 games which I think will win the division pretty easy at this point.

Let's keep it going!!!
I think our final record will be 10-6. Even if we lose the next 2 games and go into the bye at 3-3 we are still sitting pretty cuz we still have 5 games against our Division
Share 49ersWebzone