LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

RB Depth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Sweeps, receiver out of the backfield, slot WR ...there is plenty of work for Bruce

Agreed! This worked pretty well.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
you don't ride the cart to the locker room and miss a Thursday practice for just a "cramped up calf muscle"

He cramped it up good. It looked balled up when he was limping off the field. That said, he's probably out for this week at least and will continue to get treatment to reduce swelling and ensure further damage. With the way Hayne played and now activating Davis, we'll be fine.

You thought a coach was the reason a player got injured. Sorry I can't accept your advice on injured players. I'll let the doctors tell me.
just as many of us will choose to believe the coaches and front office when it comes to why they felt there was no reason to draft a corner at number one over you and sus

Look man I have the right to say who I like better in the draft, just my opinion. I'm not telling anyone else how to think.
It doesn't mean I hate the FO or the team or other posters. We can disagree on things you know.

NC did tell me the reason Vance hurt his back is because Harbaugh made him block too much, lol. Has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've every read on here.
Hyde, Hayne and Davis are punishing runners that can wear out a defense in the 4th quarter. Can Bush stay healthy? His years in the NFL say no. Hyde looks like a superstar in the making, Hayne may prove to be one also, Davis runs hard and moves the pile. The running back position is the best it's been in years.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Hyde, Hayne and Davis are punishing runners that can wear out a defense in the 4th quarter. Can Bush stay healthy? His years in the NFL say no. Hyde looks like a superstar in the making, Hayne may prove to be one also, Davis runs hard and moves the pile. The running back position is the best it's been in years.

I can't recall when it has been better.
Yea I think we're fine and would be surprised if Davis isn't the backup this week. Hayne, for the hype and excitement, isn't a RB. Maybe he's a situational guy but I wouldn't trust him in pass protection. That's where Hyde and Davis can come in. I could see hesitation about Davis in pass protection, but he's got to be better than Hayne in that regard.

I'm also expecting the worst with Bush. I don't think he'll be back until Week 3 at the earliest. But this kind of thing was expected for me. We held him out in the preseason and he goes down Week 1 with a calf strain. Can't rely on him. Get Davis some reps.
Time to bring back Trey Millard.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
No idea why you'd be concerned about RB depth. We have 4 solid backs on the roster, with 1 slightly injured. Compare that to the past few years when we had Gore/Hunter/Dixon, then Gore/LMJ/Dixon, and last year Gore/Hyde/I don't even remember. We're stacked at RB.

of course this is the truth. people just need to generate some drama
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OhioNinerfanatic:

hahahaha, speaking of guys that no one misses. it took about ten seconds of miller being back in the lineup to remember why he is so good for us
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Yea I think we're fine and would be surprised if Davis isn't the backup this week. Hayne, for the hype and excitement, isn't a RB. Maybe he's a situational guy but I wouldn't trust him in pass protection. That's where Hyde and Davis can come in. I could see hesitation about Davis in pass protection, but he's got to be better than Hayne in that regard.

I'm also expecting the worst with Bush. I don't think he'll be back until Week 3 at the earliest. But this kind of thing was expected for me. We held him out in the preseason and he goes down Week 1 with a calf strain. Can't rely on him. Get Davis some reps.

in his defense he never should have ran that play. the only mistake the coaches made all night in my opinion
Originally posted by Disp:
No idea why you'd be concerned about RB depth. We have 4 solid backs on the roster, with 1 slightly injured. Compare that to the past few years when we had Gore/Hunter/Dixon, then Gore/LMJ/Dixon, and last year Gore/Hyde/I don't even remember. We're stacked at RB.

Agree completely! Most team would kill to have our depth. It would be different if the coaches hadn't been happy during TC but the fact Hayne is ahead of Davis makes me think the depth is much better than reporters have been reporting. The common thought was that Hayne needed much work on nuances of the game, but his ability to block in the backfield is huge. Then a rookie of Davis' ability in the third spot is a luxury...but he's actually in the fourth spot behind Bush.

Another really good factor--they have versatile skills but are all good for the ZBS uses now. If they all get injured at the same time then...yeah, not deep enough. Same is true at every position. Bush is the only guy who may be injury prone.

Look man I have the right to say who I like better in the draft, just my opinion. I'm not telling anyone else how to think.
It doesn't mean I hate the FO or the team or other posters. We can disagree on things you know.

NC did tell me the reason Vance hurt his back is because Harbaugh made him block too much, lol. Has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've every read on here.

Grudge time?

Well said.
I know this goes way back and will mean little to most Zoners but you know who Hayne reminds me of, Hugh McElhenny. He had a way of making the first man miss most of the time, The King.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by OhioNinerfanatic:

hahahaha, speaking of guys that no one misses. it took about ten seconds of miller being back in the lineup to remember why he is so good for us

Miller only played like 10 snaps. I remember last year's crazy stat when Miller didn't play majority of the snaps niners always lost/offense was lost. lol
I know this goes way back and will mean little to most Zoners but you know who Hayne reminds me of, Hugh McElhenny. He had a way of making the first man miss most of the time, The King.

Nice reference! I can see what you are saying...great balance and making people miss through subtle well timed moves.

Edit: just looked him up--will be 87 this December and he's related to the McElhenny family of Tabasco fame!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 18, 2015 at 11:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone