There are 239 users in the forums

RB Depth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by MikeD:
Originally posted by SoCold:
you don't ride the cart to the locker room and miss a Thursday practice for just a "cramped up calf muscle"

They were just being cautious, its a strained calf muscle, not a tear

Yeah no one said anything about a torn muscle he'd be out for the year lol

He's also not "fine" he's listed as Questionable did not practice

will prob be a game time decision unless he's move to probable or doubtful today
I would agree with you if Hayne had not demonstrated good pass protection. If I remember right, Mike Davis is no slouch either. If Hyde were to go down, Davis would take over as the primary running back with Hayne spelling him to get by until Hyde was well again. Bush shouldn't be out too long either. All things considered, we are in pretty good shape at RB.
you don't ride the cart to the locker room and miss a Thursday practice for just a "cramped up calf muscle"

He cramped it up good. It looked balled up when he was limping off the field. That said, he's probably out for this week at least and will continue to get treatment to reduce swelling and ensure further damage. With the way Hayne played and now activating Davis, we'll be fine.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NCommand:

He cramped it up good. It looked balled up when he was limping off the field. That said, he's probably out for this week at least and will continue to get treatment to reduce swelling and ensure further damage. With the way Hayne played and now activating Davis, we'll be fine.

You thought a coach was the reason a player got injured. Sorry I can't accept your advice on injured players. I'll let the doctors tell me.
Ellington could play the Bush role if we absolutely needed him to.
Hyde, Davis, Hayne would be fine. Bush will be fine in a couple weeks. After Week 7, the team is eligible to bring back Hunter, which is probably what they were thinking for insurance on Bush if he gets hurt again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners418:
Bush should be fine in a week or 2. I think we're deeper then most with Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hayne

agree,, and people just need to stop with moaning about frank gore. we have seen why the niners chose not to offer him a multi year deal , he would just retard hydes future
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

You thought a coach was the reason a player got injured. Sorry I can't accept your advice on injured players. I'll let the doctors tell me.
just as many of us will choose to believe the coaches and front office when it comes to why they felt there was no reason to draft a corner at number one over you and sus
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hyde, Davis, Hayne would be fine. Bush will be fine in a couple weeks. After Week 7, the team is eligible to bring back Hunter, which is probably what they were thinking for insurance on Bush if he gets hurt again.

But Hunter is now a free agent, no? So presumably, there is no guarantee he will be there if and when needed.

I still think that if the staff thought RB depth was a problem they would have, or be looking at, replacing Hunter on the practice squad.
[ Edited by Geckko on Sep 18, 2015 at 9:02 AM ]
By the end of Sunday people will be a lot less concerned about Mike Davis.

Frankie was never going to come back here to be a backup rb when someone was offering a starting gig.

• All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erguy:

He'd make a great combo-back. Ultimately I think that's the only way he stays on the team long-term.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
By the end of Sunday people will be a lot less concerned about Mike Davis.

Frankie was never going to come back here to be a backup rb when someone was offering a starting gig.

The Colts don't run the ball though. He'd get more carries here than he will in Indy
I am not concerned at all. We are harvesting great home grown talent. I am sure if s**t hit the fan we could pick up a vet bellcow pretty easily (Michael Bush, Ray Rice, Steven Jackson).
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by 9erguy:

He'd make a great combo-back. Ultimately I think that's the only way he stays on the team long-term.

Sweeps, receiver out of the backfield, slot WR ...there is plenty of work for Bruce
  • Disp
  • Veteran
No idea why you'd be concerned about RB depth. We have 4 solid backs on the roster, with 1 slightly injured. Compare that to the past few years when we had Gore/Hunter/Dixon, then Gore/LMJ/Dixon, and last year Gore/Hyde/I don't even remember. We're stacked at RB.
Share 49ersWebzone