LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

The Aussie Bandwagoners view of the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenz:
Originally posted by Kombi:
Lol thanks, had to laugh at listening to the Gold Faithful podcast the other day. They talked how the downloads from around the world and that Australia was a clear second a mile ahead of UK, Canada and all the other countries.

Zealot love your posts on the Hayne thread and another quality one here, nice touch talking about the history.

Also, they said they have more listeners from Brisbane than Sydney. That surprised me!

I didn't hear that part, that is surprising.

Also loved your earlier post and talking about the fans in it, great work.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow I'm very impressed by the Aussie/Rugby fans!!!!

Hayne is pretty impressive too, I hope it's a start for other Rugby stars to try and make that crossover to American Football, I think it's awesome they got a lot of heart and balls!!!

Now don't you guys start coming over here and quizzing me on rugby.....what the heck is a scrum sounds painful!!!!
Lol thanks, had to laugh at listening to the Gold Faithful podcast the other day. They talked how the downloads from around the world and that Australia was a clear second a mile ahead of UK, Canada and all the other countries.

Zealot love your posts on the Hayne thread and another quality one here, nice touch talking about the history.

Also, they said they have more listeners from Brisbane than Sydney. That surprised me!

Thanks for the ups Kombi, it's been a fun ride and it's good fun to talk some b******t in between pretending to not talk b******t, haha.

Just goes to show what they say about us Queenslanders being more passionate is true after all, haha!
  • frenz
  • Veteran

I didn't hear that part, that is surprising.

Also loved your earlier post and talking about the fans in it, great work.

Thanks!

The Gold Faithful episode I head that from was the new one they posted today. The had a guy from SMH on to talk to them about Hayne's popularity in Australia.

https://soundcloud.com/gold-faithful/week-1-preview-nfc-predictions-more-on-hayne-with-michael-chammas-of-sydney-morning-herald Around the 1:20 mark.
What a beast of a thread

Hyde and Bowman are the chosen one's
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Hayne is pretty impressive too, I hope it's a start for other Rugby stars to try and make that crossover to American Football, I think it's awesome they got a lot of heart and balls!!!

Now don't you guys start coming over here and quizzing me on rugby.....what the heck is a scrum sounds painful!!!!
You won't find more passionate sporting fans anywhere else mate! We love getting amongst it. I have to say at this point that you guys (and ours) have been superb in the handling of the Australian Invasion. No real sign of any over the top BS or pissing comps getting out of hand or anything. Looking forward to a great season for the 9ers and in turn, Hayne, who hopefully becomes part of the furniture and a household name for every 9er fan on your side of the Pacific.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

many players want to have a go in the NFL, but they won't have anywhere near the talent that Hayne possesses.

Oh a scrum in Rugby League is a waste of time. The Rugby Union one involves a player putting the ball in the middle, and fat guys pushing against the oppostions fat guys for possesion of the ball.
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
What a beast of a thread

Hyde and Bowman are the chosen one's

Bloody oath mate, how good does Hyde look. Hope Hayne is pestering him like buggery for tips and stuff.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Terrific. Can we trade you fans for some old ones?

Nice post and welcome. Good to have you on board.
Totally agree...usually in here it's a hate fest wit wankers, it's hard not to get warned with some of the posts I see regularly that beg clear, consise and cutting relies. Just sayin.. Welcome mates!
Originally posted by Zealot:
Bloody oath mate, how good does Hyde look. Hope Hayne is pestering him like buggery for tips and stuff.

Absolutely,hopefully Hayne can learn a thing our two from Hyde,Hyde looks like the perfect RB

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Terrific. Can we trade you fans for some old ones?

Nice post and welcome. Good to have you on board.
Totally agree...usually in here it's a hate fest wit wankers, it's hard not to get warned with some of the posts I see regularly that beg clear, consise and cutting relies. Just sayin.. Welcome mates!

Don't worry mate, you've got all of us here now to hopefully help some of that Aussie go-getter positivity rub off!
Originally posted by FAS33:
many players want to have a go in the NFL, but they won't have anywhere near the talent that Hayne possesses.

Oh a scrum in Rugby League is a waste of time. The Rugby Union one involves a player putting the ball in the middle, and fat guys pushing against the oppostions fat guys for possesion of the ball.

...and the referee awarding a penalty.

boooorrrriiiinngg

It's no secret south of the border that all toads really want to be cockroaches.
  • FAS33
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geckko:
...and the referee awarding a penalty.

boooorrrriiiinngg

I played rugby union last year for Brothers, there was one game when I literally touched the ball once, and never made a tackle in 80 mins. So much fun...
We came here for Hayne but are now right behind The 49ers.

Looking for views from fellow Bandwagoners of our team and players rather than pollute other threads with lack of knowledge.
Not looking for all things Aussie or League, Union or their players discussions, we have Parking Lot for that.
Apologies to the Aussies/Kiwis/Fijians who were here as a fan before Hayne hit town.

I'll start with my views of team -
I think they are rebuilding this year and will show some flashes of brilliance but will have a bit of heartbreak along the way. New coach and a lot of new blokes in positions, going from a veteran type team to a young exciting team. They will stumble at start of year finding their feet but could come home strong if confidence doesn't take a beating at start of season.
I feel like they will play a very entertaining brand of football.
Offence Line- plenty of problems there and if not settled after a few weeks could be some cuts unless treating it as rebuild year and work with what they have for future years.
Defence - will keep us in the games
Special Teams - could be the difference in bringing some wins.

Views on some Players that stood out to me:
Kaepernick - what a bullet of an arm, can throw it long. But never gets the chance due to lack of protection! Can Run! and think first 4 games or so will be doing a lot of it just to stay alive.
Bowman - the few plays I seen of his in the preseason was awesome! What a weapon. Just found a way to get thru every time. Seems unstoppable.
Hyde - loved watching him in the tight stuff often finding his way thru. So that's what getting your pads down low looks like...
Pinion - what a booming kicker. Can't see many return yards with him.
Patton - dude runs backwards lol hard to forget that, even after scoring a blocking touchdown
Davis, M - can run in the tight stuff but has great catching hands and seems to be a mate with Hayne looking at Twitter.
Bush - feel like he will get more reception yards then rushing yards is how he will be used this year.
Miller - made those holes for Hayne in preseason so loved his work
Purcell - great pick 6, whatever that is lol. But after that took notice of him. Love what I see. Young, enthusiastic and exciting.
Ellington - can see this guy doing plenty of great and exciting things this year with his Speed and vision. Hoping to see some long stuff to him before Smith returns.

The Coach, seems to be liked by the players, a player manager type of bloke. Which means his support staff need to be great at the finer details and game planning as he will be relying on them in his first year. Hates giving away penalties can see him chewing out a lot of blokes over stupid penalties.

Anyway would love to see opinions from other Bandwagoners and maybe after each game give our unique view of how it went.

Go Niners

Good post. I can't yet make a contribution like that, just naive observations.

For example:

I just haven't seen enough of Kap in the pre-season. And even then it was behind the fly-screen offence system. But he looks the goods to me and I have been boning up on his states which pre 2014 indicate that he has it, he just has to have opportunity to apply it.

Hyde: Looks really good, fast short powerful, good moves. Seems like there is only upside to him.

Purcell: I believe this is his break out year? I was impressed. He had the number of his opposing D most of the time as far as I could see. Love his enthusiasm as well - something I see as a theme this year for the team.

DeAndrew White: I think he looks far better than an UDFA.

Ellington: Even as a competitor to Jarryd for ST duties, I can't deny the guys is slick fast with good hands.

Bowman: well....
[ Edited by Geckko on Sep 11, 2015 at 12:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone