LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Aussie Bandwagoners view of the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'd like to apologize to the Aussie's. This isn't football that's worth watching.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
I'd like to apologize to the Aussie's. This isn't football that's worth watching.

Being seasoned sports watchers and/or players, we figured that one out. No offence intended. At least we saw Hayne tear off a decent play and hopefully it's only a sign of what's to come.

All good mate. We're still having fun watching it.
Hayne did a play, this is a lot better than week 1 for us. But yeah Haynes team, the 36ers or whatever, are pretty bad.
I got around to watching the game on record, pretty hard to watch

Anyway, here's some Bandwaggoner Analysis (TM)

a) Looks to me like the 49ers have got a serious problem on defense. We're running some kind of zone(?) scheme, but it's not working. The Cardinals were able to get easy yards on every passing play. In my limited knowledge, I thought zone schemes were about containment. In which case, our execution is way off.

b) Kap looks flustered, there's no doubt. The O-Line failed to protect him on a number of occasions but there was one example in the 3rd Qtr when he had a massive amount of time, and still threw an interception. I can see what the guys are saying about his throwing action (back foot), but it seems like more than that. It looks like he's nervous, he's got the yips.

c) That penalty call on Bowman for competing for the ball on the Palmer fumble was BS.

d) On the bright side. We can't play that badly again. Everyone lost the plot a little bit and was trying to hard, hence the penalties.

e) I thought Armstead was excellent, as was Bethea and Celek. Didn't see much of Skov. Would of thought they may have played him a bit more with the Cardinals RB running riot and Bowman having to do so much extra work.
Originally posted by Tonedog:
Hayne did a play, this is a lot better than week 1 for us. But yeah Haynes team, the 36ers or whatever, are pretty bad.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tonedog:

lol, that's damn good.

I dont know about that, at least we are learning what mistakes a team should not make. Just about covered them all by now
  • frenz
  • Veteran

Honestly not too much to say about this game. Every player has bad games every now and then, unfortunately for us this was a bad day for Kap. Everything kind of falls apart when your QB is having a shocker.

On the bright side, this is definitely our best RZ to TD conversion rate yet! And on the back of a nice PR from Hayne too! That was a proud moment for us bandwagoners.

I could go through and list everything that went wrong, but instead I'll just say this: We're 1-2 after three games of what is supposed to be one the toughest early season schedules imaginable, in a season most predicted at best would end 9-9. IMHO, it's too early to declare that the sky is falling.
Most of the posters here have disappeared. Some are happy about that. However, the mess of last year has prompted some interesting outside perspective

But my question is about the fumbling. Even though the return game is now at best boring and at worst safe the running game just seems to be a fumlethon. Ever since that scrub Hayne pulled up his skirt and ran back home the fumbling on this team has got way worse than his efforts. And Hayne never dropped a ball at RB.

What's going on? Is this normal for a rebuilding team? Us Aussies really got an education last year but conflicting opinions still confuse.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
what happened to my friend barrysandwich ?
Originally posted by susweel:
what happened to my friend barrysandwich ?

His team that Jerry Heinz played for was rejected in the return to that game. It was a massive double blow for the great Lord Sandwich which he will likely not recover from.
A very sad loss. I miss his craziness and brilliant one liners.
Zealot, KeepRabbitsOut, and 4x4niner. God bless these dudes.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

And may the Lord lift up his countenance upon you mate.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Share 49ersWebzone