LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 191 users in the forums

The Aussie Bandwagoners view of the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
We came here for Hayne but are now right behind The 49ers.

Looking for views from fellow Bandwagoners of our team and players rather than pollute other threads with lack of knowledge.
Not looking for all things Aussie or League, Union or their players discussions, we have Parking Lot for that.
Apologies to the Aussies/Kiwis/Fijians who were here as a fan before Hayne hit town.

I'll start with my views of team -
I think they are rebuilding this year and will show some flashes of brilliance but will have a bit of heartbreak along the way. New coach and a lot of new blokes in positions, going from a veteran type team to a young exciting team. They will stumble at start of year finding their feet but could come home strong if confidence doesn't take a beating at start of season.
I feel like they will play a very entertaining brand of football.
Offence Line- plenty of problems there and if not settled after a few weeks could be some cuts unless treating it as rebuild year and work with what they have for future years.
Defence - will keep us in the games
Special Teams - could be the difference in bringing some wins.

Views on some Players that stood out to me:
Kaepernick - what a bullet of an arm, can throw it long. But never gets the chance due to lack of protection! Can Run! and think first 4 games or so will be doing a lot of it just to stay alive.
Bowman - the few plays I seen of his in the preseason was awesome! What a weapon. Just found a way to get thru every time. Seems unstoppable.
Hyde - loved watching him in the tight stuff often finding his way thru. So that's what getting your pads down low looks like...
Pinion - what a booming kicker. Can't see many return yards with him.
Patton - dude runs backwards lol hard to forget that, even after scoring a blocking touchdown
Davis, M - can run in the tight stuff but has great catching hands and seems to be a mate with Hayne looking at Twitter.
Bush - feel like he will get more reception yards then rushing yards is how he will be used this year.
Miller - made those holes for Hayne in preseason so loved his work
Purcell - great pick 6, whatever that is lol. But after that took notice of him. Love what I see. Young, enthusiastic and exciting.
Ellington - can see this guy doing plenty of great and exciting things this year with his Speed and vision. Hoping to see some long stuff to him before Smith returns.

The Coach, seems to be liked by the players, a player manager type of bloke. Which means his support staff need to be great at the finer details and game planning as he will be relying on them in his first year. Hates giving away penalties can see him chewing out a lot of blokes over stupid penalties.

Anyway would love to see opinions from other Bandwagoners and maybe after each game give our unique view of how it went.

Go Niners
Terrific. Can we trade you fans for some old ones?

Nice post and welcome. Good to have you on board.
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 10, 2015 at 8:38 PM ]
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
Thanks NCommand, have red a lot of threads on here and plenty of quality posts by you.
We love our sport and tend to go all in on it.
Originally posted by Kombi:

Looking for views from fellow Bandwagoners of our team and players rather than pollute other threads with lack of knowledge.
Not looking for all things Aussie or League, Union or their players discussions, we have Parking Lot for that.
Apologies to the Aussies/Kiwis/Fijians who were here as a fan before Hayne hit town.

I think they are rebuilding this year and will show some flashes of brilliance but will have a bit of heartbreak along the way. New coach and a lot of new blokes in positions, going from a veteran type team to a young exciting team. They will stumble at start of year finding their feet but could come home strong if confidence doesn't take a beating at start of season.
Offence Line- plenty of problems there and if not settled after a few weeks could be some cuts unless treating it as rebuild year and work with what they have for future years.

Kaepernick - what a bullet of an arm, can throw it long. But never gets the chance due to lack of protection! Can Run! and think first 4 games or so will be doing a lot of it just to stay alive.
Bowman - the few plays I seen of his in the preseason was awesome! What a weapon. Just found a way to get thru every time. Seems unstoppable.
Hyde - loved watching him in the tight stuff often finding his way thru. So that's what getting your pads down low looks like...
Patton - dude runs backwards lol hard to forget that, even after scoring a blocking touchdown
Davis, M - can run in the tight stuff but has great catching hands and seems to be a mate with Hayne looking at Twitter.
Bush - feel like he will get more reception yards then rushing yards is how he will be used this year.
Purcell - great pick 6, whatever that is lol. But after that took notice of him. Love what I see. Young, enthusiastic and exciting.
Ellington - can see this guy doing plenty of great and exciting things this year with his Speed and vision. Hoping to see some long stuff to him before Smith returns.

The Coach, seems to be liked by the players, a player manager type of bloke. Which means his support staff need to be great at the finer details and game planning as he will be relying on them in his first year. Hates giving away penalties can see him chewing out a lot of blokes over stupid penalties.

Anyway would love to see opinions from other Bandwagoners and maybe after each game give our unique view of how it went.

Go Niners

You're more educated than 98 percent of NT.

Go Niners

Well, done, a good eye for sports, nice breakdown!
Actually a very nice post. Is this your first time watching the NFL? If it is you catch on very quick and will be a good poster here. Here's to another
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Lol thanks.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Well, done, a good eye for sports, nice breakdown!

Thanks, played and watched plenty.

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Actually a very nice post. Is this your first time watching the NFL? If it is you catch on very quick and will be a good poster here. Here's to another

Thanks. No have watched NFL and College for years. Shift worker and most games are on early morning over here, so I watch it while wife at work and kids at school.
But I have never watched Every play in NFL as close as I have this preseason.
I've even signed up for my first Fantasy Draft, so now have even more interest. Bloody Gronk!

It's just after 2 pm Friday Arvo over here at the the moment, so hoping later on the Aussies get on here after work and give views, with a gut full of grog would be funny too.
Great Post Kombi!

I am a hayne bandwagoner as well, but I found that I really stepped into what the 49ers were about more than just following Hayne.
I loved the way that JT talked about his players and backed them beyond football. I have found myself watching all training camp videos, photos and news items... anything to do with the 9ers!

Before the cuts, I was thinking that if Jarryd went to another team I would VERY unhappy BUT I would still support the 49ers.

A Couple of thoughts on players.
- Kap - I really see something special in him. The 2 keys will be the O line need to give him time and Kap needs to take it to the next level. In looking through his history with the 9ers, he has shown some fantastic brilliant plays but we need him to deliver and deliver often.
- Bowman - Far out this dude is GREAT. I loved the hits he was putting in and also love his work ethic.
- Tony Jerod-Eddie - loved his mic'd up stuff. Great character
- O Line - geez everyone is talking about the O line. I would love for Jim Tomsula to get these guys sorted and to be giving Kap some time. I have NO idea how he does that or what they need to do to get better!
- Defence - this side of our game look really good. We should be able to create some good pressure and hopefully the Offence can deliver on that pressure!
- Offence - give Kap some space and those WR may see some good ball. I can not believe how good our RB stock is.
(I feel that I dont know enough about the other stuff right now to talk about the way they play!)

My thoughts on Jarryd Hayne.
- He has a great attitude and work ethic
- He has experience in big games in League. I have faith in him under that pressure.
- He has motivation. Look how far he has come already in only 1 year.
- He represents the aussie/fijian spirit very well. a great role model!
I really hope he can continue on this path and be a GREAT NFL player. We can't assess him any more until we see him in at least 5 live games.

I have really enjoyed coming online in here and reading the interesting views on the 49ers, being part of some banter in the aussie corner - (Hayne thread).
It feels like the Hayne story is a great story to focus on to ignore the other bad stories that have come out in the off season.

I have a feeling that there will be some good positives coming out of this up coming season.
Based on my very limited understanding, I have a feeling that we will shock people with how we go this year.

Anyway , that is my drivel for now.
Bring on Game day!
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
Great work Aussieninerfan!

Originally posted by Aussieninerfan:
I am a hayne bandwagoner as well, but I found that I really stepped into what the 49ers were about more than just following Hayne.
I loved the way that JT talked about his players and backed them beyond football. I have found myself watching all training camp videos, photos and news items... anything to do with the 9ers

Same mate, I'm all over it.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Ok I'll have a crack at this.

I also came here for Hayne, but fell in love with the Niners, so even if he doesn't play a snap this season I'll still be watching and cheering for my team for the next 16+ (hopefully +) weeks.

I, like most other Aussies here, am still learning this game, so feel free to call me out if I make any glaring mistakes.

The Fans
The first word that comes to mind: Pride. Fans might be down on a player, down on a coach, outright hate the GM, or foresee a disastrous season, but they're still proud to be Faithful. There is some very vocal negativity, but it is tempered by a less obvious but powerful undercurrent of hope - coming off what I understand might be the worst off season in NFL history, that's impressive. Makes me proud to be part of the fan base.

Offence
Kap is a physical beast. He looks a lot more comfortable running than he does in the pocket, which I mean to be a compliment to his physicality more than an insult to his passing game - which I understand needs work. We didn't get to see much off him in preseason and it looked to my untrained eye that the plays he was out there on were meant to test the oline, so I didn't feel we got a good read on how he will be on game day.

Our O-line problems are well documented by many people far more knowledgeable and insightful than myself, so I shall defer to their superior knowledge and not put my 2c worth in. I will say however, that what I saw (again, untrained eye) was that we look a lot more comfortable in the running game than anyone we played in preseason.

White and Ellington impressed me the most out of the receivers, I really feel like they could be weapons if the ball gets put anywhere near them.
Hyde looked amazing.
Bush I didn't see much of, but it's hard not to like the guy who convinced Hayne to leave Australia for the NFL.
Davis just didn't grab me. Can't fault his play, but it just didn't excite me when he ran.
Hayne - not RB ready (yet!). Maybe later in the season. Maybe. If not, then next season.
Miller. I like this guy. He doesn't seem to get a lot of love on this site, but I like him. Almost every time anyone either rushed or returned well, there was a #49 in there making a crucial block at exactly the right time to enable it.

Defence
I used to think defence was boring. An obviously essential part of the game, but lacking that spark, or excitement to really get me invested in that part of the game. That was before I watched #53. NaVorro freakin' Bowman. Wow. The most exciting man on the field all night, and that statement comes from a guy who arrived already on the Hayne bandwagon.

I think our defence is awesome and super deep talent wise. I'm still wrapping my head around the roles each position carries against different offensive schemes so I have no factual basis for my opinion, just I can't think of anyone of them that would cause me worry if stopping a big play came down to them.

Special Teams
Pinion looked a bit shaky at times, but impressive when he looks solid.
Returners - Spoilt for f**king choice. No one looked bad out there (except that one that Bush let bounce). Obviously I have a preference here! HAYNE BABY!
Coverage. Either our opponents coverage teams were terrible, or ours is fantastic. We pretty effortlessly shut down nearly every PR I can remember, and didn't give up too much yardage on KR.

The Franchise
Most likely a rebuilding year, but the young talent I see excites the hell out of me. If it doesn't all come together this year, it'll damn sure be a great team next year.

My 2c.

Originally posted by pdizo916:

Zing ... lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nice post, Kombi. I agree, your a lot more educated than a lot of NT.
I think the Gold Rush are babes!
  • FAS33
  • Veteran

Purcell - great pick 6, whatever that is lol.

pick 6 would be an intercept touchdown, what are your thoughts on the man himself mate?
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Thanks NCommand, have red a lot of threads on here and plenty of quality posts by you.
We love our sport and tend to go all in on it.

QFT. We don't half arse it when we follow a sport. It's all in or nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone