LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 194 users in the forums

Kaepernick's new throwing motion looks the SAME

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
I know that he didn't throw much in the preseason, but when he did, the throwing motion looked the SAME to me.
Has anybody noticed anything different with his preseason passes?

You might take this to the Kap thread where it will be highly debated.

You mean highly slandered with some warnings don't you Fro? ;)
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Sep 10, 2015 at 11:49 PM ]
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Those are from practice. In games he reverts back to his bad habits.

Got proof? Your hate is starting to get annoying. Can't tell if being sarcastic now. When you have rushers in your face like in the Denver game kinda hard to maintain any form of fundamentals

Whats worse is the fact that the first gif IS from practice as well! So nice try.

Not sure what your point is. I know they're from practice, lol

I mean Mayo49 is saying those new throwing gifs are from practice so they dont count yet the first old throwing motion is from practice too so its a moot point.

It's just a f**king example showing the differences my god.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I agree with you. Jeez.

Allow me to mediate, you guys are on the same side of this argument . By highlighting practice gifs, it's a valid comparison for technique since the contexts are the same. Don't worry, I do this for a living. I got you, brothers.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I agree with you. Jeez.

Only knowledgeable fans can assess the basis of a post, i'm afraid.

[ Edited by krizay on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:29 AM ]
Its not his throwing motion that is the problem. Its his decision making and understanding of the game. Unless he improved that drastically during the off season, a new throwing motion will make no difference.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/former-49ers-qb-dilfer-studies-kaepernick-new-offense

Dilfer analysis.
Originally posted by Buchy:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/former-49ers-qb-dilfer-studies-kaepernick-new-offense

Dilfer analysis.

nice article. love the part about west coast offense too
I know that he didn't throw much in the preseason, but when he did, the throwing motion looked the SAME to me.

Nope looks more compact and he has a quicker release, it actually doesn't look the same at all.

Not sure what your seeing.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Nope looks more compact and he has a quicker release, it actually doesn't look the same at all.

Not sure what your seeing.

Yeah, there's a noticeable difference in the windup. I still wonder why he bounces the last step of his drop back.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Its not his throwing motion that is the problem. Its his decision making and understanding of the game. Unless he improved that drastically during the off season, a new throwing motion will make no difference.

Understanding the game? He's been to a SB and won playoffs games basically on his own lol...understanding the game isn't a issue at all. Play calling is a HUGE issue for me. Harbs gets all the credit but after 2012 ( mainly last season) he changed the play-calling and the offense looks like trash because of it....I never hear any of the blame on his horrible play calling and lack of 2nd half adjustments. Kap had no command of the line and couldn't make adjustment or plays because harbs wanted full control (which has been documented)...IMO Kap needs to work on anticipation throws more than anything.

Put Kap in a offense that plays to his strengths and watch the production.
Originally posted by Buchy:

Dilfer analysis.

nice article. love the part about west coast offense too

One can only hope.

There is a slight difference, a little more compact but not too much. He needs to pre-snap read better and he needs to trust what he sees.
The quicker release is what's important, this will help him add time to let whatever develop and deliver more accurately.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
There is a slight difference, a little more compact but not too much. He needs to pre-snap read better and he needs to trust what he sees.

I agree, he doesn't throw his WRs open very often. Hopefully the changes will bleed over into other areas.
it's going to take a little bit to smooth out all of his bad habits, as long as his decision making and accuracy is spot on , Kaep should be ok
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Don't know about his throwing motion. But his throwing position appears to have remained the same. As in, having to throw from his tookus!
Share 49ersWebzone