LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Kaepernick's new throwing motion looks the SAME

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know that he didn't throw much in the preseason, but when he did, the throwing motion looked the SAME to me.
Has anybody noticed anything different with his preseason passes?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
I know that he didn't throw much in the preseason, but when he did, the throwing motion looked the SAME to me.

You might take this to the Kap thread where it will be highly debated.
We will know what he retained in a few days. I hope everything is cleaner and more compact.
Supposedly the biggest adjustment is to the lower body. Footwork, balance and whatnot. Hard to change a guy's arm action. I wouldn't even try, that's a tricky thing to do. As long as he's reading the field and throws with proper balance, it's all good.
Originally posted by fropwns:

You might take this to the Kap thread where it will be highly debated.

LOLOL
  • buck
  • Veteran

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Supposedly the biggest adjustment is to the lower body. Footwork, balance and whatnot. Hard to change a guy's arm action. I wouldn't even try, that's a tricky thing to do. As long as he's reading the field and throws with proper balance, it's all good.

Well, the beat writers were talking up his new throwing motion and even showing videos from OTA's. I saw NONE of that in the preseason especially against the Cowgirls. His motion looked liked that kid pitcher in Rookie of the year movie
Well, the beat writers were talking up his new throwing motion and even showing videos from OTA's. I saw NONE of that in the preseason especially against the Cowgirls. His motion looked liked that kid pitcher in Rookie of the year movie

lmao.......... this guy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
His motion is a little better, but it's basically the same motion he's had.

Jesus, man. What did you expect, a complete motion change in ONE offseason? That's not how it works...
Old:

new:

tightened release, bent knees with a wider base.

love it when posters dont know what theyre talking about.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 10, 2015 at 10:29 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Old:

new:

tightened release, bent knees with a wider base.

love it when posters dont know what theyre talking about.

Those are from practice. In games he reverts back to his bad habits.
His problem wasn't in his throwing motion. It was his platform in which he threw from. A lot of his throws were all arm because of his bad habit of not resetting his feet. When he would have to move laterally in the pocket or leave the pocket altogether, he would completely abandon proper passing mechanics and rely strictly on his athletism to get the job done. Kurt Warner has expressed this many times during the offseason. Kaep needs to be able to move without completely abandoning proper technique. Anyone questioning his throwing motion, need to go back and watch his lower body, not the motion of his arm (why would you want to change that anyway?).
Share 49ersWebzone