There are 227 users in the forums

Prediction Time!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In the first prediction thread I went 11-5 and a victory over Indy in SB 50, but after this off season I gotta change my prediction

Don't think Indy has the stuff to make it.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Kaep gets yanked boos after booes and gets frustrated and do a Jeff George on Tomsula..

Gabbert shows a sign of life and shows why he once compared to a young Drew Bledsoe!!
i think we are 1 maybe 2 limemen away from a good pass protecting team
we can run all day
we are gonna have to rely on our run game, kaep's legs and his ability to get rid of the ball quick
which will open up v davis and t. smith down the field
we have to beat the vikings for confidence, if that happens i say 10 games
but it will not suprise me if we win 11 or 12 games
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
The season is finally upon us fellow 49er fans.

To say that we have endured a pretty tumultuous offseason would be an understatement, but the Vikings are all that matters now.

IF our O-Line can give Kaepernick just a little time, I think that he will solidify himself as a top 10 QB.

I think that Hyde will rush for more yards than Gore.

Even with all of the losses on Defense (Willis,Cully,Cox,J.Smith,A.Smith,Borland) we will still have a top 10 defense.

Lynch will have around 15 sacks.

We go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

That is just a few to start the thread off.

This has to be one of the single most humerus threads I have read in the past 5-7 years. Thank you sir for supplying good laughter to my day.

I agree way too many homers.
We had some tough breaks that cost us games last year. We've already been through a tumultuous year, in 2014, and still came out .500..imo, we could've easily gone 11-5 last year.

I think our D will be as good as last season and we'll improve on offense and special teams. Barring injuries, and balls bouncing the wrong way, I see 10-6 and the playoffs.

Also, exhausted with the negativity. Hopefully things tilt our way this season.
5-11 sounds right to me. Karp
Was 11 to 12 but after ad and aldon 10 wins
Before Aldon I thought 10-6 was possible. Since then and since seeing how bad the O line looks I think 8-8 is about the best we can hope for. I think there is definitely some good young talent on the team so hopefully they can come through and we will be looking good going forward. I just think we have lost too much to go 10-6 or more. Especially with a pretty tough schedule. And to be honest 8-8 with a lot of young guys playing well would feel a lot better than last years 8-8.
Going 10-6 or better this season would have to go down as one of our best ever. You never know I suppose!
11-5 Why ?

Special teams is going to be better this year you can see it night and day from last season. I think we have a whole gang of returners who should make things interesting. Pinion has been up and down but I have faith he shakes it off and gets it together. Remember were not gonna see many kick returns this year with this guy . I believe Dawson should still be relatively good. As a whole I really like our special teams.

Defense. Our defense still looks really good. The defensive line looks promising and its getting a much needed shot of young blood. Armstead has been torn down a lot around here from the get go and he's looking to be something special. Our linebackers on paper look worse but Navarro is back and he's got the looks of being the best backer in the NFL I think this unit doesn't get picked on as much as people think. The secondary as a whole impresses me . The young guys have stepped up and they look like the real deal . Safeties ? Were deep and top heavy . Look around the NFL and see if you find a better safety group than ours its not that easy. I love this Tartt dude as well...looking back Baalke may have slam dunked this past draft.

Offense. This is the big question mark for everyone almost universally. I like the speed upgrades in Bush and Smith. I really like our RB group we are deep and talented. The offensive line is the only group as a whole that has me worried . I think coaching is gonna have to adjust to the line being shaky at the beginning of the season. We have excellent recievers who are all different not all the same like last season . Need a burner on the outside ? Torrey step on up ...Need a sure handed tough catch in traffic ? Boldin heres your shot. This group is good.

Coaching. I know people are skeptical of Tomsula but I get good vibes from him. He always has Sporano close by him on the sidelines so I hope he leans on this experienced staff as much as he needs. Top to bottom I believe we have a tremendous coaching staff. The only head scratcher to me was Geep from qb coach to O coordinator. I wasn't happy with that but im willing to give it a chance.

All in all I think this is a good football team that is running way under the radar. Were gonna surprise some teams .
We'll have the #1 pick next year. oh, yea!

5-11 at best
I thought the Niners would end up at 8-8 last year and I'm going with that this season as well, although even .500 might be optimistic.
6 wins with a garbage loss at the end
11 - 5
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I am thinking about 5 wins... any more and I would be pleasantly surprised!

5-6 wins I think is realistic. Problem is that we are so darned thin and inexperienced. I'm more worried about our offense than our defense. In particular the offensive line. Kap needs a bit more time than the average QB and I'm not convinced our Oline can provide him enough time to excel. Only saving grace is that I hope we perfect that screen to Reggie Bush and punish those teams for loading up the box and pinning their ears back.

Something tells me we'll have a QB controversy by week 7.

As much as that would suck, I could certainly see it happening. Kap looked completely lost when he was not running in the third preseason game, The controversy would have more to do with Kap than Gabbert.
Share 49ersWebzone