LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers' Exhibition/NFL International Series Game in Australia?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers' Exhibition/NFL International Series Game in Australia?

If they hold it down here, forum members are welcome to come round my place

I have a 4-burner Barbie, a big telly, a heated pool and my neighbours are 6 hot swedish backpackers*.

You guys are all welcome!

(The bit about the swedes may have been fabricated)
Originally posted by Cattledog:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by Marty:
Always felt the NFL season was way too short compared to other football codes, so ONE lousy extra week can't be that bad. The mayors of Sydney, Brisbane, and Melbourne, will kill each other over the right to host that game

Im not sure if you're advocating adding a 17th game to the schedule but if you are you're completely wrong. 1 game is a huge difference and a 16 game season is long enough. By the end of the season, if you aren't nursing some kind of injury, you probably weren't playing much. Adding another game is way too much wear and tear on these guys bodies, especially if they're going to be playing in the post season also.

Gee wiz!
A 16 game season is long enough with a squad of 53?
In NRL, these guys play 26 rounds in regular season with a squad of 17!
I reckon you guys will get a sell out at ANZ or Suncorp (Brisbane)
and the best thing about it, if Hayne is in the 49ers team, you will get a very 'Vocal' Australian Crowd putting pressure on referees to award penalties (flags) in favour of the 49ers

I'm going to assume you have a deep knowledge of both sports since you're making comparisons. I know nothing about rugby so I won't even begin to compare and contrast roster amounts and games played in a season. I guess I'll go by your words though.

In that case, since rugby teams with a 17 man roster can go 26 games, it should be no issue to tack on a few extra NFL games.
Share 49ersWebzone