LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Does Jarryd Hayne make the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Jarryd Hayne make the team?

If he is cut then Baalke is the worst GM in the league.
The Hayne mahfuggin plane!!!
Yes, although almost everyone he is competing with looked good out there tonight. Still he has earned the right to see if he can cut it in the regular season.

Easily his best night running the football, he is improving his pad level as a RB too. Nice finishing as well...
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Name one person better as a returner on this squad. You can't. He sticks.
Okay now Jarryd Hayne is a professional footballer from the rugby league football code, transitioning from league football to nfl football has certain differences and traits but really you only need to have the most basic traits of any football code and that is catching, passing and tackling get those three right and youre on your way.
Now back to Hayne, his goal in mind is to challenge himself he has surpassed all his skill and level in rugby league, represented club at early age, played for the national team the kangaroos against other countries, played for his state the new south wales blues in state of origin against the queensland maroons, won twice the dally m medal which is equal to the mvp as a fullback.
Now I want to add abit about the state of origin, players say that it leaves no petrol in the tank halfway thru a game after the fumes are gone then its just sheer willpower and battling with your brothers next to you that keeps them going and also avoiding the shame of losing to your hated opponent the queensland maroons, one of the toughest and hard hitting games in the world without pads. Jarryd Hayne is one of them.
Now hes turned to nfl to test himself, the preseason games has showed some of his talent but did you know he can kick as well? You see, a Steeden rugby league football is heavier than your nfl wilson football, Jarryd can chip kick, drop kick, banana kick, and semi long kick accurately.
So no, hes not another Okeye or any other convert, but far better.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, just saiyan.

Clearly meant Okoye.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Love how he casually steps out of bounds.....

Love how he would rather take on the hit than step out of bounds.
[ Edited by Geckko on Sep 4, 2015 at 4:25 AM ]
no

I say Hayne makes the team, he fields bouncing footballs like he has done all his life much to the dismay of some of the press we are hearing down under, hey, any other winger or fullback in the NRL field bouncing balls and grubbers all game long, and I must also say to hell with keeping pad levels down as it did not do this poor Charges CB any good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Hayne and 49ers
Originally posted by Cattledog:
I say Hayne makes the team, he fields bouncing footballs like he has done all his life much to the dismay of some of the press we are hearing down under, hey, any other winger or fullback in the NRL field bouncing balls and grubbers all game long, and I must also say to hell with keeping pad levels down as it did not do this poor Charges CB any good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Hayne and 49ers

Yep. I mentioned the old grubber kick in the game day thread. Pretty common sight week in, week out, the fullback picking up a rolling ball off his bootlaces on his own try line. Bread and butter for JH.

• slip
  • Veteran
Yes, based on his talent and Kap's lack of direction. Lol
[left]
I say Hayne makes the team, he fields bouncing footballs like he has done all his life much to the dismay of some of the press we are hearing down under, hey, any other winger or fullback in the NRL field bouncing balls and grubbers all game long?
Yep Roger tuivasa sheck of the Roosters plays fullback position very versatile speed freak with dancing feet excellent ball handling skills age 22, will be new zealand representative at a young age, genuine contender.
  • Marty
  • Veteran
Go Hayne and 49ers

Billy Slater returning Kickoffs and Jarryd Hayne returning punts. If I was the opposition that would give me a few nightmares.
Slater had bragging rights beyond the football field too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia's_Greatest_Athlete_%28season_1%29
[left]

Originally posted by Marty:
Billy Slater returning Kickoffs and Jarryd Hayne returning punts. If I was the opposition that would give me a few nightmares.
Slater had bragging rights beyond the football field too
Ummm Billy in his early years had this problem...when he played brilliant nothing could stop him, but as soon as he made a mistake that was it, the wheels would come apart drastically, thats how new zealand beat australia in the rugby league world cup final and the kiwis were world champions in 2008 because of billy slaters ball handling skills gone on holiday
that moment before half time.
Today billy has matured and doesnt let pressure get to him, hes a bit slower but a steady ship and still a great player a few more years yet in him.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Hayne is Tomsula's "no NFL experience" project, and makes the team in his first year. Tank Carradine was Harb's "no NFL experience" project and gets cut after a few years. Just sayin'...

you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about, just saiyan.

I know, too much for you to comprehend.
Share 49ersWebzone